• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

DAA016C4-E864-45EE-B3B0-18CEC5F4A566.jpeg

Had the most...misplaced trip to Disneyland this weekend and ended up in Galaxy's Edge.

TJ61wTf.jpg

I revisited the shop like 4 times before going for this (Skywalker→ Rey Legacy collection saber), It was really the whole potential "being a casual sucker" thing that made me hesitate more than the money. I know there has been some long-running custom makers for stunt sabers and such. Did a bit of forum skimming and it seemed like the trade-offs leaned towards making it a justifiable purchase.

Quality is supposedly up there among the spectrum of offerings, but they're mainly short of the programmable features that 3rd party/custom builders offer. This design, as well as I believe Obi Wan's had a very nice weight to them.

Biggest element is the experience. Nostalgia for me, but I'm sure this would be wild for a kid who's just getting into Star Wars. One for the fandom, but unfortunately, that materialistic stigma of also knowing I could yield the more premium item in the park. I think we've all been there when our parents got us the cheap version or nothing of something. Adult me, however kept this in the box until I got back to the hotel.

I can't speak for the Savi workshop sabers. Just gathered they're a little less refined due to the need for modularity, whereas the Legacy collection is strictly dedicated to singular designs, and can't accept different crystals either. I can't say I'm too much of an SW geek to want to do that, but definitely a cool to have a customization route.

I wasn't a fan of the overall idea at first, but Galaxy's Edge is pretty freakin' cool. My initial gripes were with how Disney has seemingly turned SW into a business as opposed to the art it once was, especially with the s*** we've had to watch the past ~4 years, but they put in the effort here. They just need to work in the food situation.

Had the most...misplaced trip to Disneyland this weekend and ended up in Galaxy's Edge.

View attachment 667244

I revisited the shop like 4 times before going for this (Skywalker→ Rey Legacy collection saber), It was really the whole potential "being a casual sucker" thing that made me hesitate more than the money. I know there has been some long-running custom makers for stunt sabers and such. Did a bit of forum skimming and it seemed like the trade-offs leaned towards making it a justifiable purchase.

Quality is supposedly up there among the spectrum of offerings, but they're mainly short of the programmable features that 3rd party/custom builders offer. This design, as well as I believe Obi Wan's had a very nice weight to them.

Biggest element is the experience. Nostalgia for me, but I'm sure this would be wild for a kid who's just getting into Star Wars. One for the fandom, but unfortunately, that materialistic stigma of also knowing I could yield the more premium item in the park. I think we've all been there when our parents got us the cheap version or nothing of something. Adult me, however kept this in the box until I got back to the hotel.

I can't speak for the Savi workshop sabers. Just gathered they're a little less refined due to the need for modularity, whereas the Legacy collection is strictly dedicated to singular designs, and can't accept different crystals either. I can't say I'm too much of an SW geek to want to do that, but definitely a cool to have a customization route.

I wasn't a fan of the overall idea at first, but Galaxy's Edge is pretty freakin' cool. My initial gripes were with how Disney has seemingly turned SW into a business as opposed to the art it once was, especially with the s*** we've had to watch the past ~4 years, but they put in the effort here. They just need to work in the food situation.
I am going to disney in about 3 weeks. We are skipping Galaxy's Edge. I am kinda sad.

Latest Posts

Back