• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

Had the most...misplaced trip to Disneyland this weekend and ended up in Galaxy's Edge.

View attachment 667244

I revisited the shop like 4 times before going for this (Skywalker→ Rey Legacy collection saber), It was really the whole potential "being a casual sucker" thing that made me hesitate more than the money. I know there has been some long-running custom makers for stunt sabers and such. Did a bit of forum skimming and it seemed like the trade-offs leaned towards making it a justifiable purchase.

Quality is supposedly up there among the spectrum of offerings, but they're mainly short of the programmable features that 3rd party/custom builders offer. This design, as well as I believe Obi Wan's had a very nice weight to them.

Biggest element is the experience. Nostalgia for me, but I'm sure this would be wild for a kid who's just getting into Star Wars. One for the fandom, but unfortunately, that materialistic stigma of also knowing I could yield the more premium item in the park. I think we've all been there when our parents got us the cheap version or nothing of something. Adult me, however kept this in the box until I got back to the hotel.

I can't speak for the Savi workshop sabers. Just gathered they're a little less refined due to the need for modularity, whereas the Legacy collection is strictly dedicated to singular designs, and can't accept different crystals either. I can't say I'm too much of an SW geek to want to do that, but definitely a cool to have a customization route.

I wasn't a fan of the overall idea at first, but Galaxy's Edge is pretty freakin' cool. My initial gripes were with how Disney has seemingly turned SW into a business as opposed to the art it once was, especially with the s*** we've had to watch the past ~4 years, but they put in the effort here. They just need to work in the food situation.
Awesome! I’m hopefully going at the end of this year, really excited about it!

In regards to the lightsabers they have there you can choose from I’ve heard the quality is pretty good. But nothing can compare to the old lightsaber hilts made by Master Replicas. Those were highest quality prop replicas money could buy. The level of detail, quality, and craftsmanship is second to none. Still believe they’re the best lightsaber replicas today IMHO.

Are you bringing 40 kids with you????
I am going alone. But they are building an insanely expensive hotel that I want to stay in, the build your own lightsabers are like $200, the build your own droids aren't cheap, and I want to eat as much of the star wars themed food I can handle. Plus they have blue and green milk. I am planning to spend a lot of money there.

I am going alone. But they are building an insanely expensive hotel that I want to stay in, the build your own lightsabers are like $200, the build your own droids aren't cheap, and I want to eat as much of the star wars themed food I can handle. Plus they have blue and green milk. I am planning to spend a lot of money there.
I'm so sorry to hear that you're getting a divorce. I thought you quite liked your wife!! :behindsofa:

I'm so sorry to hear that you're getting a divorce. I thought you quite liked your wife!! :behindsofa:
The wife approves. She doesn't want to go with me there. She knows she will make me grumpy. And as long as I put a new roof on the house this coming spring I can spend stupid money after that for a while. Thang she gets siding on the house. Then I get play money.

How much does Disneyland cost??
Local hotel was like $450 (USD) for 2 nights
Park hopper for the single day was $220 iirc — I don't like doing only single days but I was in a f***ing stupid situation that made this a whim visit.
Mandatory Fast Pass App was $15 — can't emphasize enough that it's mandatory.

I managed to only spend like $40 on food/drink, because dining was full before I could throw my money at it. This was just food stands.

And the lightsaber was like $190
Bull**** shuttle pass from the hotel cost me $12
Picked up a few gifts for about $$50

That's nearly $1000 USD, for what I call a light quickie of a trip, for a single person. I'm not an annual passholder, or am a real geek with all the ins and outs of the park....but I've been there enough times, in different points of my life, in different scenarios, to have a good idea of how I'd ideally want to play it for if I had kids.

Unless you're a local, this is a bit of an all-or-nothing investment. It simply is going to be expensive as hell for a family to get a proper experience. It's business, it's materialism, but it can come with a lot of moments for your kids.

Local hotel was like $450 (USD) for 2 nights
Park hopper for the single day was $220 iirc — I don't like doing only single days but I was in a f***ing stupid situation that made this a whim visit.
Mandatory Fast Pass App was $15 — can't emphasize enough that it's mandatory.

I managed to only spend like $40 on food/drink, because dining was full before I could throw my money at it. This was just food stands.

And the lightsaber was like $190
Bull**** shuttle pass from the hotel cost me $12
Picked up a few gifts for about $$50

That's nearly $1000 USD, for what I call a light quickie of a trip, for a single person. I'm not an annual passholder, or am a real geek with all the ins and outs of the park....but I've been there enough times, in different points of my life, in different scenarios, to have a good idea of how I'd ideally want to play it for if I had kids.

Unless you're a local, this is a bit of an all-or-nothing investment. It simply is going to be expensive as hell for a family to get a proper experience. It's business, it's materialism, but it can come with a lot of moments for your kids.

They are building a new hotel that will be priced like a cruise. If you stay there you pay for three or seven nights. Even if it is only one person for one night. It is crazy what that hotel will have though. That's the one I want.

They are building a new hotel that will be priced like a cruise. If you stay there you pay for three or seven nights. Even if it is only one person for one night. It is crazy what that hotel will have though. That's the one I want.

Generally speaking, it's VERY hard to go back to using a local/remote hotel after doing an onsite hotel.

Just the fact there's a clean toilet to poop in walking distance (unless you're literally at the far end of the park) makes it so worth it.

Back