• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen R1 ti/gold

If any carrier delivers an insured package that requires a signature & they don't ask for it, they are responsible & have to pay up!
In the modern “post Covid” world?

I believe the carriers amended their terms following the world wide “don’t touch campaign” ongoing for the last year + :)

In the modern “post Covid” world?

I believe the carriers amended their terms following the world wide “don’t touch campaign” ongoing for the last year + :)
Haven't happened with glasses or anything, but I've seen some pretty dumb signature/titles left in my merchandising job. One retailer was supposed to get a shipment of graphics and materials for one of the gaming console displays, I show up... it's not there... they can't find it in the backroom. So course the standard practice is to pull up the tracking information, and who signed for it so store management can track it down.

Signed for by... "CCOVID"... yea that helps a lot.

I swear despite the precautions being taken, many carrier drivers just aren't wanting to risk anything, they'll just say someone signed for it especially since requesting actual proof of delivery can take a while. Doesn't help that I occasionally get live handsets and tablets sent directly to my home instead of to the store for placement, and they're just sitting downstairs in front of the apartment door when I know they have key access into the building.

So for my personal stuff... I'm wanting to push for a little extra security if possible even if it means having it shipped to a Fedex pickup location (the retailer would be responsible if it disappears before I pick it up).

Signature confirmation is life man, especially if you’re in an area where this happens. If they falsely signed for it then go after them for the money even if you have to take them to civil small claims. Who knows the carrier and the thief could be working together

Wrong thread buddy lol

Hey Micky, this guy is right,,, "So for my personal stuff... I'm wanting to push for a little extra security if possible even if it means having it shipped to a Fedex pickup location (the retailer would be responsible if it disappears before I pick it up)."

After reading all this about drivers disregarding signatures I can't help but be pissed off at all the extra money I spent insuring expensive Oakleys & wondering if ANYONE had to sign???

Back