• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For Display Case Lighting

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24

I have a single wide, two countertop displays and a cube, i have tried the puck style battery operated lights nbd they dont work well. Any suggestions on what to use for sufficient lighting with these case? Thanks in advance!

I have made a top for my 2 towers and I found the under cabinet Kitchen lighting (Not LED, they are not strong enough) works very well. Yours has the milk plex piece correct? Do not lay the lights on that piece since it will melt it. I went for the 2 light halogen light you can get at any Home Depot or Lowes.
Hey the 2 counter top displays are they the alum. ones with 2 shelves? If so would you trade one? I have the rare oakley medicine cabinet that I may trade.

I have often wondered this myself BAPD...

My initial thought would be for a shallow halogen bucket lamp, I know I have seen 2" versions before and I thought to myself that they would fit...

Ill look into it. Brett im not interested in trading. Only the cube is an authentic oakley diplY. I tried for years ti get authentic but theyres none locally here in oklahoma. No one will ship reasonably so i wound up with nice third party stuff.

OK cool, no problem.
That must be a hard area to come across Oakley displays in your area. Glad you got that cube. I have 2 myself and love them.
Just watch out since those lights can get really hot. They need area to vent the heat.
Like i said i made a top for my towers with a vent area in the back so i would not lose any light plus it stays cool and does not heat up. Good Luck with your DIY project.

im not sure what they are called. I do remember that i got a puck style with dc plug at Ikea when i bought my two cases. They were 10-12 bucks a piece. They work well and attached with double sided tape.

I found a really cool undercabinet led light bar at lowes for my doublewide case for like $40.00.Works great and is plenty bright.Brand name is Ultitech and is 18 inches long.And it shines threw the milky Oakley plexi they use on top of there cases .

This is what I just installed in my display. They come with a remote and I currently have the colors changing slowly every 2 seconds . It adds so much to the look of the glasses ! Solid red looks freaking sick in person but doesn't pick up well in a picture.
83a66586.jpg

Sorry for blown out lighting
2a50e925.jpg

Back