• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Terrible customer service

gerryg

Oakley Beginner
I've have a pair of Oakley Airbrake Goggles and have used them for a couple of years now. However, the strap has completely stretched out (even though i am always very careful with them).

i tried calling customer service, but you can't reach anyone. they send you thru the chat line. unfortunately, i can not find my receipt BUT they insist on it to honor their warranty.
it is their product, it is defective, but they WILL NOT HONOR their warranty.

It is the last Oakley product i will ever buy.

Customer service in the US is a joke also. The CSR's are almost all relatively new employees working remotely and possess very little knowledge of the product. They will flat-out lie to you to get you off the phone and onto their next call and the next, seemingly to hit their numbers. When you do interact, Oakley follows up with an email to rate the experience and when you go through the trouble and submit for a cathartic release- the form errors out.

My last experience was 2 pair of USA MotoGP Sutros Wednesday. The item description stated that the pair would come with the race specific bag which would have been USA. The bags I received were printed Australia and I called to get the correct bags because that stuff matters to collectors- and the product stated that it would. The CSR told me that the bags were on "backorder"... I asked her how I could get on a list to get them when they come off backorder... she said that she couldn't tell me when that would be and that Oakley doesn't carry those requirements in their system. I said that it was a race that had already occurred and that there was not going to be more bags made... and her reply was "correct". So someone at Oakley said F**k it, stick them in Australia bags (since we have a lot of those and didn't even do a pair for that race) and "send them" and to her it was ok to lie and say they were on backorder.

It's like a bad relationship that has ended and you wind up forgetting the bad and remember the good. Then you wind up back in a relationship with that person again because you forget the bad. But once back in the relationship you remember how ****ty it was and why you left in the first place.

Customer service in the US is a joke also. The CSR's are almost all relatively new employees working remotely and possess very little knowledge of the product. They will flat-out lie to you to get you off the phone and onto their next call and the next, seemingly to hit their numbers. When you do interact, Oakley follows up with an email to rate the experience and when you go through the trouble and submit for a cathartic release- the form errors out.

My last experience was 2 pair of USA MotoGP Sutros Wednesday. The item description stated that the pair would come with the race specific bag which would have been USA. The bags I received were printed Australia and I called to get the correct bags because that stuff matters to collectors- and the product stated that it would. The CSR told me that the bags were on "backorder"... I asked her how I could get on a list to get them when they come off backorder... she said that she couldn't tell me when that would be and that Oakley doesn't carry those requirements in their system. I said that it was a race that had already occurred and that there was not going to be more bags made... and her reply was "correct". So someone at Oakley said F**k it, stick them in Australia bags (since we have a lot of those and didn't even do a pair for that race) and "send them" and to her it was ok to lie and say they were on backorder.

It's like a bad relationship that has ended and you wind up forgetting the bad and remember the good. Then you wind up back in a relationship with that person again because you forget the bad. But once back in the relationship you remember how ****ty it was and why you left in the first place.
Have to agree completely. The Xeus mess is another example.

I've have a pair of Oakley Airbrake Goggles and have used them for a couple of years now. However, the strap has completely stretched out (even though i am always very careful with them).

i tried calling customer service, but you can't reach anyone. they send you thru the chat line. unfortunately, i can not find my receipt BUT they insist on it to honor their warranty.
it is their product, it is defective, but they WILL NOT HONOR their warranty.

It is the last Oakley product i will ever buy.
for what it's worth, you might be able to trade it in for 25% off anything in an Oakley store

To @gerryg

Read the second sentence. "This limited warranty is valid only..........."

OAKLEY'S GOGGLE WARRANTY​

Oakley goggles are guaranteed from defects in workmanship and manufacturer materials and have a limited life-time manufacturer’s warranty. This limited warranty is valid only to the original purchaser with a proof of purchase from an Authorized Oakley Dealer that clearly shows the purchase details.
The Oakley warranty does not cover any defects due to improper use, improper repair, physical damage, neglect & improper fit. Furthermore any alteration of the product will void warranty.
Your exclusive remedy for breach of warranty will be the repair or replacement of the item as determined by Oakley. This warranty does not affect the legal rights of customers under applicable state or national laws governing the sales of consumer goods.

Last edited:
Back