• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Terrible customer service

I've have a pair of Oakley Airbrake Goggles and have used them for a couple of years now. However, the strap has completely stretched out (even though i am always very careful with them).

i tried calling customer service, but you can't reach anyone. they send you thru the chat line. unfortunately, i can not find my receipt BUT they insist on it to honor their warranty.
it is their product, it is defective, but they WILL NOT HONOR their warranty.

It is the last Oakley product i will ever buy.
I worked for Oakley for 6 years and I know their customer service is, well for ****. They will give you 30% off a new frame rather than correcting the issue you bring them. Unfortunately most of the service people are new and don’t know what they can and can’t do. Also receipts are a must. If you lost it call the Oakley store you bought from and they are completely able to re-print a new one for you. Some employees will even e-mail it to you if they’re good at their job. Also there is an app called parts portal that covers most of Lux’s brands and whatever is available for the frame you bought will be on it and you can purchase off the app directly. One of Lux’s better ideas and it eliminates the need for customer service completely. Don’t let Lux ruin your opinion of Oakley. Oakley is never going to be the same as it once was but they do make some great things from time to time.

Customer service in the US is a joke also. The CSR's are almost all relatively new employees working remotely and possess very little knowledge of the product. They will flat-out lie to you to get you off the phone and onto their next call and the next, seemingly to hit their numbers. When you do interact, Oakley follows up with an email to rate the experience and when you go through the trouble and submit for a cathartic release- the form errors out.

My last experience was 2 pair of USA MotoGP Sutros Wednesday. The item description stated that the pair would come with the race specific bag which would have been USA. The bags I received were printed Australia and I called to get the correct bags because that stuff matters to collectors- and the product stated that it would. The CSR told me that the bags were on "backorder"... I asked her how I could get on a list to get them when they come off backorder... she said that she couldn't tell me when that would be and that Oakley doesn't carry those requirements in their system. I said that it was a race that had already occurred and that there was not going to be more bags made... and her reply was "correct". So someone at Oakley said F**k it, stick them in Australia bags (since we have a lot of those and didn't even do a pair for that race) and "send them" and to her it was ok to lie and say they were on backorder.

It's like a bad relationship that has ended and you wind up forgetting the bad and remember the good. Then you wind up back in a relationship with that person again because you forget the bad. But once back in the relationship you remember how ****ty it was and why you left in the first place.
The USA microfiber bags were on back order the last year I worked for Oakley. That’s very true. I was questioned, yelled at, cursed at, you name it customers couldn’t accept the fact they were not available. What people don’t know is that O Stores, .com and Oakley Wholesale all pull from different inventory in different locations which just makes things harder to explain and even harder to fix. Lux has made an enormous mess out of Oakley, just my opinion.

The USA microfiber bags were on back order the last year I worked for Oakley. That’s very true. I was questioned, yelled at, cursed at, you name it customers couldn’t accept the fact they were not available. What people don’t know is that O Stores, .com and Oakley Wholesale all pull from different inventory in different locations which just makes things harder to explain and even harder to fix. Lux has made an enormous mess out of Oakley, just my opinion.
This was a race specific pair that was supposed to have race specific bags. Not using off the line USA bags. As I noted elsewhere here the pair did come with a race specific bag but the bag said Australia and there is not even an Australian MotoGP race. I have seen pairs selling on eBay with the correct bags. It seems like someone said "we've got these F'd up bags, let's just make more sets, mark them down
IMG_20220104_152919.jpg
and send them".

This was a race specific pair that was supposed to have race specific bags. Not using off the line USA bags. As I noted elsewhere here the pair did come with a race specific bag but the bag said Australia and there is not even an Australian MotoGP race. I have seen pairs selling on eBay with the correct bags. It seems like someone said "we've got these F'd up bags, let's just make more sets, mark them downView attachment 930101 and send them".
That is exactly the kind of thing Lux does unfortunately. You won’t see that bag ever or at least not from Oakley. Sorry man that really sucks. I’m not a motoGP guy so I don’t buy it but you should still have gotten the correct bag for the race they were promoting. Lux Sux!!

I love bashing on Oakley.com customer service as much as the next guy. I straight up tell customers they suck, and to only go in store. But I'm surprised no one pointed out that this guy is pissed because his elastic strap on his goggles stretched out after "a few years of use", and wants a warranty replacement for it? And is pissed because they want proof of purchase? Come on. That's standard everywhere.

I just dont understand how a stretched out elastic band is "defective"

I love bashing on Oakley.com customer service as much as the next guy. I straight up tell customers they suck, and to only go in store. But I'm surprised no one pointed out that this guy is pissed because his elastic strap on his goggles stretched out after "a few years of use", and wants a warranty replacement for it? And is pissed because they want proof of purchase? Come on. That's standard everywhere.

I just dont understand how a stretched out elastic band is "defective"
I did say a receipt is a must🤷🏼‍♂️, you are correct it’s standard practice.

I've have a pair of Oakley Airbrake Goggles and have used them for a couple of years now. However, the strap has completely stretched out (even though i am always very careful with them).

i tried calling customer service, but you can't reach anyone. they send you thru the chat line. unfortunately, i can not find my receipt BUT they insist on it to honor their warranty.
it is their product, it is defective, but they WILL NOT HONOR their warranty.

It is the last Oakley product i will ever buy.

its not defective........you said yourself you've used them for a couple of years. Its called wear and tear from use. And of course they won't do anything for you with no receipt, pretty much no one does.

When I was racing MX, I would go through 2 pair of goggles a year, easy. Its an elastic strap, it's going to wear out.

its not defective........you said yourself you've used them for a couple of years. Its called wear and tear from use. And of course they won't do anything for you with no receipt, pretty much no one does.

When I was racing MX, I would go through 2 pair of goggles a year, easy. Its an elastic strap, it's going to wear out.
Yep! I love when people make an account on a forum full of people who love Oakley stuff to complain about Oakley and then dissappear forever!

Latest Posts

Back