• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The greatest pair of sunglasses ever!!!

Dmburke42

Oakley Enthusiast
Oneida, TN
Flashback to the summer of 2018….I was working my part time job on the lake and watched my Carbon Oakleys sink to the bottom of the lake! Just another kick in the nuts that year had been! They sunk some 60-80ft so no chance of getting them back. Dejected the rest of the day, I came home and started looking for some glasses on this forum and made a post looking for a cheaper pair of jackets or just something to get me by. Well a few guys got together and made me a custom pair of juliets! Shocked..blown away..and just in awe at this generous gesture..I had no words to say other than a million thanks. So 3 years later, I bet you guys sometimes wonder what happened with these glasses! Well like I promised, I wore them almost every single day! They where not placed on a shelf nor was they ever gotten rid of! In the last 3 years, these glasses have fought with a few people, been on a couple of high speed chases, arrested a couple of child abusers, and domestic situations..druggies and other people that have deserved to be in jail and maybe under it. They have been with me as I’ve did CPR on a crash victim and have been on the face of a child who thought they where the coolest glasses they had ever seen, while I kept him calm while his mom and dad was being arrested for being so high they could crap in a dump truck! Hell, these glasses have even been run over..I jumped out of the car on a footchase and my door knocked the glasses off..I gave chase and we apprehended the guy..in all the adrenaline I had forgot about my glasses until I got to the jail and remembered they fell off. I went back to the scene holding my breath..and found them in the field I pulled into, luckily the ground was soft and it just pushed them into the ground!!! A sigh of relief! They have been with me about every step of the way in the last 3 years! They have blocked the sun and they’ve blocked a few tears! Yea they are fixing to get some new ear socks and I’m gonna eventually order some new lenses, but I just wanted to say thanks again to you guys! You all know exactly who you are!! And that’s why these Oakleys are the greatest pair ever assembled!

EBA9CFE1-FF0D-4092-8250-DE8B2D949F48.jpeg

DEA90BEA-00E7-462B-97AA-FBC6EDF6EB27.jpeg

51D54EBD-86DB-4370-A622-7D398112CE32.jpeg

50246353-9B57-4884-A65C-C20E0BCC415A.jpeg

4ADDEE01-8798-4843-959C-5509EEBCA57E.jpeg

Flashback to the summer of 2018….I was working my part time job on the lake and watched my Carbon Oakleys sink to the bottom of the lake! Just another kick in the nuts that year had been! They sunk some 60-80ft so no chance of getting them back. Dejected the rest of the day, I came home and started looking for some glasses on this forum and made a post looking for a cheaper pair of jackets or just something to get me by. Well a few guys got together and made me a custom pair of juliets! Shocked..blown away..and just in awe at this generous gesture..I had no words to say other than a million thanks. So 3 years later, I bet you guys sometimes wonder what happened with these glasses! Well like I promised, I wore them almost every single day! They where not placed on a shelf nor was they ever gotten rid of! In the last 3 years, these glasses have fought with a few people, been on a couple of high speed chases, arrested a couple of child abusers, and domestic situations..druggies and other people that have deserved to be in jail and maybe under it. They have been with me as I’ve did CPR on a crash victim and have been on the face of a child who thought they where the coolest glasses they had ever seen, while I kept him calm while his mom and dad was being arrested for being so high they could crap in a dump truck! Hell, these glasses have even been run over..I jumped out of the car on a footchase and my door knocked the glasses off..I gave chase and we apprehended the guy..in all the adrenaline I had forgot about my glasses until I got to the jail and remembered they fell off. I went back to the scene holding my breath..and found them in the field I pulled into, luckily the ground was soft and it just pushed them into the ground!!! A sigh of relief! They have been with me about every step of the way in the last 3 years! They have blocked the sun and they’ve blocked a few tears! Yea they are fixing to get some new ear socks and I’m gonna eventually order some new lenses, but I just wanted to say thanks again to you guys! You all know exactly who you are!! And that’s why these Oakleys are the greatest pair ever assembled!

View attachment 892366

View attachment 892367

View attachment 892368

View attachment 892369

View attachment 892370
That’s fukking awesome!! Thanks for sharing their journey!! And thanks for your service!

Latest Posts

Back