• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Infamous 18kt Gold Oakley Time Bomb

suspectotb

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Does anyone know how many of these are confirmed? Were they released to the public, or were they just for the friends and families of Oakley?

Not sure if there was a thread about these watches already but im desperate for new info on them

Thanks!

i think there was 50. i reached out to one of the designers who told me "I believe it was just 50 pcs. certainly not more than 100. 373g from what i recall (referring to gold content). that was over 20 years ago,"

I know of 2 so far, a good friend of mine has 1 and the spare parts of a second as it was melted down. so if there was only 50 there are only 49 now

i think there was 50. i reached out to one of the designers who told me "I believe it was just 50 pcs. certainly not more than 100. 373g from what i recall (referring to gold content). that was over 20 years ago,"

I know of 2 so far, a good friend of mine has 1 and the spare parts of a second as it was melted down. so if there was only 50 there are only 49 now
Can’t believe anyone would melt something like that down 😪 you’d like to think you’d be able to find a buyer that would pay more than the gold price

thanks for the info man

it’s a beauty dude

598B04D3-8A19-4C1A-A194-363153A91F32.jpeg

C67F57A7-5EB3-4467-88D2-874E3D2A25FE.jpeg

Wow - I didn’t realise the hands were different to the other TB’s - How did you get your hands on this one if you don’t mind me asking?
I had to change the hands. Movement failed and had to replace it. For now, till I can find a replacement movement, it has to use different hands

I have all the original hands and movement parts. But since it’s an older movement, it’s not super easy to source

I have all the original hands and movement parts. But since it’s an older movement, it’s not super easy to source
Yeah i can imagine, trying to source a movement for my GMT has been proving hard enough!

Such a beautiful watch & i’d be lying if i said I wasn’t jealous 😅😅

Yeah i can imagine, trying to source a movement for my GMT has been proving hard enough!

Such a beautiful watch & i’d be lying if i said I wasn’t jealous 😅😅
I’d much rather it work then worry too much about parts. It’s not for sale anyway lol

Back