• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The "OK, Tell me 'Yes' or 'No'. Do I suit these?" Thread

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
Something happened in another thread today that gave me an idea for a new constructive thread.

Basically, I have a pair of Holbrooks (Clear/Chrome) which I have always been uncertain whether they actually suit me. Mrs H says they do. I say they might not.
Anyway, I decided to post a pic on the "What Oakleys are you wearing today" thread to see what happened, and sure enough Oakleynerd took the bait and stepped up to say I looked like a fool in them. He then apologised profusely.

So this thread is for those of us who want an honest opinion - YES or NO - on whether a frame suits them.

I realise that this could potentially get ugly, but we are all friends here, so let's have some rules on gentlemanly (and gentlewomanly) conduct.

Many of us are blokes so we know that the first two rules, by law, will have to be:

First rule of the "Do I Suit These" Thread, is do not talk about the "Do I Suit These" Thread.
Second rule of the "Do I Suit These" Thread is, you DO NOT talk about the "Do I Suit These" Thread.

Rule 3 - "The Nut Up Rule" - If you are asking opinions in this thread, you have to be prepared that someone will say you do not suit the frame/lens. You are asking opinions, so must expect them.

Rule 4 - "The Shut Up Rule" - If you are replying to someone's "Do I Suit These?" request, then if you cannot say something polite and non-confrontational, then do not say it at all. A simple "No, you don't suit them" will suffice.

Rule 5 - X-Squareds are banned - because obviously no-one suits them. haha (OK. There might be flexibility in this rule.)

Rule 6 - JiveSEVEN is banned - because he looks good in every Oakley frame. (Only joking Rob, you can post here :biggrin: )

Thems the Rules.

I'll be the first contender . . . .

So, Ladies and Gents . . . . I don't think I suit these glasses, but want another opinion . . . . "Tell me Yes or No. Do I suit these?"

imag09181.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd need a directly frontal picture to rule on this. From this angle they appear to suit you just fine

I'd say the stems are too short, they don't look like they're hooked on your ears very well. I think with a solid color they'd look better as well, the clear doesn't seem to suit you.

As for the thread- great idea! I find myself holding my tongue often, but I tend to be very... opinionated shall we say.

We also need a rule that each request must have two pictures. Straight on and from the corner (as you posted), so we can best address coverage, fit to the face, etc. No pictures from your lap or stylish twisted myspace photos.

I think he does suit them, but if there is a majority vote that he doesn't then that's good too cos I'd get them! Haha ;0)

I'd say the stems are too short, they don't look like they're hooked on your ears very well. I think with a solid color they'd look better as well, the clear doesn't seem to suit you.

Yeah, I see that now. That's exactly what Herbs was saying too.

My opinion: Since joining this forum I would have to honestly say that EVERY picture I have seen of you in, wearing whatever pair it may be, you seem to be pulling off every pair! Even the recent thread where you thought the Kozic's didn't suit you, I stopped and thought, "geez they look good on him" lol. So my answer is yes!

NOW..... What you should be doing is paying extra special attention the Mrs H's opinion!! She is the one you lay down with at night so her opinion matters the most!!

Back