• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

Whoa, I get none of those ill effects. Really enjoying it (just got back from Iki Island, which I went to by accident a bit too early, the fights were pretty challenging - I’m not far into Act 2), but it’s so easy to get distracted from the main story! Every time a ? pops up on the map I have to investigate, so I’m always chasing side quests rather than focussing on the main story. It means I’m getting my money’s worth at least!

The enemies in Iki island are definitely harder because they make you change your stance a lot of time — for example, shield men will put their shield on their back and grab an extra sword or use spear then back to using shield if you don’t kill them fast enough. So you change your stance from stone to wind/water/moon then back to stone. The saddle bag you get in Iki is great because you can then carry twice kunai knives, arrows, bombs, darts, and upgraded materials.

I have found every fox den that has popped up so far! The one thing I find a bit annoying is, when you think you’ve cleared a camp, the “Kill all mongols” objective remains and you have to search for ages to find the one guy hiding in an obscure corner who has ignored you killing all his friends! Great looking game though and really smooth at 60fps.

I only tried to find the shrines and bamboo strikes enough to fully level up. Later on, you will get an option to “challenge remaining enemies”, so you don’t go looking for them. But before that, I was using the “hearing” ability.

What really make it worst for me in terms of motion sickness is the exploration part where I had to go inside a house/tent and look around for supplies/ammo/materials. I had to spin the camera slowly.

Yes. Always had motion sickness problem with First Person Shooting games like Doom, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Fortnite. Never had an issue with flight sims like Ace Combat series and Star Wars squadrons ( or XWing, Tie Fighter before it). No problem with God of War series except the latest one, same with Uncharted series.
Omg, I havent seen a reference to xwing v tie fighter in DECADES❤
Would love to get that feeling back, but havent been entertained since ace combat on xbox

Omg, I havent seen a reference to xwing v tie fighter in DECADES❤
Would love to get that feeling back, but havent been entertained since ace combat on xbox

I was into flight sims in the 90’s (Falcon 3.0, F-117A Stealth, Aces over Europe/Pacific, Comanche, Apache, Longbow, Red Baron, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe to name a few) and I had the HOTAS system + rudder. When Tie Fighter came out, of course I had to play that.

I only tried to find the shrines and bamboo strikes enough to fully level up. Later on, you will get an option to “challenge remaining enemies”, so you don’t go looking for them. But before that, I was using the “hearing” ability.

What really make it worst for me in terms of motion sickness is the exploration part where I had to go inside a house/tent and look around for supplies/ammo/materials. I had to spin the camera slowly.
I found it a bit random whether I would get the “Challenge remaining enemies” option or not - the last few camps the game seems to have forgotten it exists 😫

Although I didn’t have the motion sickness, I still changed the camera rotation speed - I thought the default was more about showing off how fast the PS5 could rotate the camera than about practicality. It still turns a bit fast for inside houses but you need a certain amount of speed for combat, so I totally get what you mean there.

The enemies in Iki island are definitely harder because they make you change your stance a lot of time — for example, shield men will put their shield on their back and grab an extra sword or use spear then back to using shield if you don’t kill them fast enough. So you change your stance from stone to wind/water/moon then back to stone. The saddle bag you get in Iki is great because you can then carry twice kunai knives, arrows, bombs, darts, and upgraded materials.
I’m very lazy about changing stance; I tend to use the triangle+circle ability I got from a mythic quest to break their defence and follow up with a flurry of attacks. Works well with where I am in the main story but I was burning through resolve too quickly on Iki Island doing that. I’ll go back once I’m done with the main story I think.

I’m very lazy about changing stance; I tend to use the triangle+circle ability I got from a mythic quest to break their defence and follow up with a flurry of attacks. Works well with where I am in the main story but I was burning through resolve too quickly on Iki Island doing that. I’ll go back once I’m done with the main story I think.

Never had a problem with my resolves, especially when I got the Ghost stance + Kensei armor + Hidden Blades charm. I'll do standoff to kill 3 and then Kunai knives at the remaining enemies instantly killing up to 5 of them. Just use the the right armor according to your play style.

I really love the changing stance part of the battle though. Even my kids will yell at me if they see that I am not in the right stance. :rofl::punish:

Never had a problem with my resolves, especially when I got the Ghost stance + Kensei armor + Hidden Blades charm. I'll do standoff to kill 3 and then Kunai knives at the remaining enemies instantly killing up to 5 of them. Just use the the right armor according to your play style.

I really love the changing stance part of the battle though. Even my kids will yell at me if they see that I am not in the right stance. :rofl::punish:
I can kill three in a standoff too but I never use the kunai. Sounds like maybe I should.

Love changing stances too:)

Back