• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

I raked across the landscape of VR/AR hardware since apples vision pro announcement, it appears the hardware apple has the ability to manufacture is literally 4 times better than the next best hmd just in terms of resolution -28k vs nearest next is like 7k...
So the obvious question to me is can we just jailbreak the hardware away from apples bullcrap OS and apps etc and just plug it into a pc to use as a vr headset or even simple monitor replacement??? Or is apple really going to suck again and hog the super advanced hardware for their super lame agendas.
Like the next best thing is htc vive 2 and it's years, years behind and apart from apples vision pro, how did this happen and what about pc gamers!?

I raked across the landscape of VR/AR hardware since apples vision pro announcement, it appears the hardware apple has the ability to manufacture is literally 4 times better than the next best hmd just in terms of resolution -28k vs nearest next is like 7k...
So the obvious question to me is can we just jailbreak the hardware away from apples bullcrap OS and apps etc and just plug it into a pc to use as a vr headset or even simple monitor replacement??? Or is apple really going to suck again and hog the super advanced hardware for their super lame agendas.
Like the next best thing is htc vive 2 and it's years, years behind and apart from apples vision pro, how did this happen and what about pc gamers!?

For 3500 dollars would you even want to buy it and jailbrake it? it's really priced itself out of competition to be honest. It's in the price point of corporate VR sets that company's buy.

aside from that 28k is really just patting the stats honestly for what modern hardware can run. I have a 4090 and have trouble running some games on a HP reverb G2 which is one of the best current non commercial grade headsets for resolution. granted that's talking about gaming and not AR aspects of the headsets.

Last edited:
The Switch is a pretty good machine for Final Fantasy now - I to XII there (except XI, which as an MMO is not that suited to it anyway). The XIII games aren’t the best but do need to make it to the current gen at some point.
View attachment 1059328

I played FFX on PS2 a while back but didn't like the grind for the side quests and briefly played FF7 Remake on PS5. I just don't like turn-based battles.

I might give it another try and play the classic version of FF7 on the PS Vita though.

Has anyone been playing Diablo 4??

Great to see Diablo back again, been forever since Diablo 3.

I played for a few days during the open server beta last month. Been playing Diablo II and III the last couple years waiting for this new game.

The deluxe version of FFXVI is in the same format as FFVIIR’s, albeit not in the latter’s weird but kinda cool rubberised card. Liking what I’ve seen of the game so far.
8F7261AB-8760-42ED-9E76-7CDBF854EFB0.jpeg

DC09D219-BFA2-443F-BEC6-FD95F554DD15.jpeg

Last edited:
The deluxe version of FFXVI is in the same format as FFVIIR’s, albeit not in the latter’s weird but kinda cool rubberised card. Liking what I’ve seen of the game so far.
View attachment 1064306
View attachment 1064305
How you liking it? I’m a huge FF fan and played mostly all of them except for the online games. Just beat Star Wars Jedi Survivor and need a new game to play along side Tears of the Kingdom. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet on FF16

How you liking it? I’m a huge FF fan and played mostly all of them except for the online games. Just beat Star Wars Jedi Survivor and need a new game to play along side Tears of the Kingdom. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet on FF16
I’m a huge fan of the turn-based FFs and wasn’t sure I’d like this one given it’s almost entirely an action game with barely any RPG trappings left. And actually? I loved it! Some of the fights are so epic, it has a strong story and characters; definitely in the top half of my favourite FFs, pretty close to the top 5 I’d say. Best offline FF since X, easy.

I ranked my favourites before playing XVI, so you can see what it’s up against in that top 5.

4d86ed11-14e4-4cce-83b7-e71580ec79ee.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back