• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

These worth putting money in to get a new life?

Ok, so eBay seller rejected my offer not sure why they put best offers if they will not bite on a good offer🙄

Anyways @Chris A Hardaway, you seem like the man for lenses... I am looking for OEM I authentic Oakley Lenses. You probably don’t have any Straight from Oakley that weren’t custom cut. I have seen around you cut them from other Oakley lenses to fit XS. Have a few questions. The first being fit and finish...once installed they look like factory and don’t Rattle. Please don’t take offense I am sure your work is great I just never done this before and have always gone to Oakley for spares. Lastly, I know a lot goes into Oakley lenses from the shapes and how concave all the difference lenses are to help with clarity, focus points and even how the light passes through them to your eyes. Which helps with eye strain and headaches some people get with wear inferior sunglasses. So I guess in a nutshell what I’m trying to ask is if the lenses you cut from Oakley lenses have the same characteristics and shape as a factory X square lenses from Oakley. Sorry for being a pain in the ass and for the dumb questions above. I need to find a good set of lenses. Then next comes the rubber for the ear steams.

Ok, so eBay seller rejected my offer not sure why they put best offers if they will not bite on a good offer🙄

Anyways @Chris A Hardaway, you seem like the man for lenses... I am looking for OEM I authentic Oakley Lenses. You probably don’t have any Straight from Oakley that weren’t custom cut. I have seen around you cut them from other Oakley lenses to fit XS. Have a few questions. The first being fit and finish...once installed they look like factory and don’t Rattle. Please don’t take offense I am sure your work is great I just never done this before and have always gone to Oakley for spares. Lastly, I know a lot goes into Oakley lenses from the shapes and how concave all the difference lenses are to help with clarity, focus points and even how the light passes through them to your eyes. Which helps with eye strain and headaches some people get with wear inferior sunglasses. So I guess in a nutshell what I’m trying to ask is if the lenses you cut from Oakley lenses have the same characteristics and shape as a factory X square lenses from Oakley. Sorry for being a pain in the ass and for the dumb questions above. I need to find a good set of lenses. Then next comes the rubber for the ear steams.

X-Metals are 8.75 (base curve) BC lenses so as long as the lens donor is larger than the X-Metal lens dimensions in question and also matching (base curve) BC, the optics will be preserved. @Chris A Hardaway is an optician and uses the proper lens cutting equipment to ensure things like optics, polarization axis, proper bevel, and fitment are preserved. You're in good hands with them, don't worry. :)

If he wasn't a good source, we wouldn't recommend him. I honestly prefer lenses that are custom cut, sometimes, as they fit your personal frame better (X-Metals were known to vary in orbital size due to the casting process of the raw titanium).

X-Metals are 8.75 (base curve) BC lenses so as long as the lens donor is larger than the X-Metal lens dimensions in question and also matching (base curve) BC, the optics will be preserved. @Chris A Hardaway is an optician and uses the proper lens cutting equipment to ensure things like optics, polarization axis, proper bevel, and fitment are preserved. You're in good hands with them, don't worry. :)

If he wasn't a good source, we wouldn't recommend him. I honestly prefer lenses that are custom cut, sometimes, as they fit your personal frame better (X-Metals were known to vary in orbital size due to the casting process of the raw titanium).

This! Also good questions sir. Doesn’t hurt to ask @Roush1608

That driver will work for most the X-Metals, but not your XS temple screws.

For the XS:

.05 hex for the nosebridge; not Torx.

T-6 for the orbitals and earstems.

I purchased their combo hex kit, use them for some of the Oakley watches as well, very nice drivers.
Just bought an XS on the Forum,
Then bought a Bondhus .050 to tighten the nosebridge screws...
...and it SPINS!!!
1) So i got a stripped screw nosejob? (hard to see even under lit mag glass)
2) (if i keep them) How do i extract?

Last edited:
I’ve had good luck with these.

4982339E-7C99-4AE3-841C-C64EAA9307CE.jpeg

i'm about to order my 3rd round of these now...
knowing that it's NOT 1.27mm, then it's gotta be a 1.3mm or 1.5mm.
there's a $21 combo pack on amazon with both, hopefully that'll do the trick.

Latest Posts

Back