• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thoughts on lenses that pair well with a first gen XX tio2?

XM-I

12/30/2019
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
MD
As seen today in the WOAYWT thread I have chrome iridium mounted currently, I also have fruby iridium that have minor peeling/abrasion (and I ought to get around to sending my XX to @zwc0442 for a tune up, and to clean up any discoloration) but not visibility while mounted, and the original black lenses that have seen better days. Thinking about expanding my lens selections for said frame, any recommendations would be welcomed.

I do like dwp, sapphire, black, jade, +red, violet, etc., and have them on a couple of other frames. So looking for sage recommendations.

Possibly also suggestions of lenses for Mars too, not that I see those come up often.

Thanks!

As seen today in the WOAYWT thread I have chrome iridium mounted currently, I also have fruby iridium that have minor peeling/abrasion but not visibility while mounted, and the original black lenses that have seen better days. Thinking about expanding my lens selections for said frame, any recommendations would be welcomed.

I do like dwp, sapphire, black, jade, +red, violet, etc., and have them on a couple of other frames. So looking for sage recommendations.

Possibly also suggestions of lenses for Mars too, not that I see those come up often.

Thanks!
Dillons

That has crossed my mind several times, but the real clincher is finding someone to cut the lenses, and sadly buying a Dillon frame. Especially since the NIR lenses are made of cr-39, I’d want a master optician to cut them to spec size.

Haven’t ruled them out, because I also want them for my PB1, and a few other frames.

Other thoughts, aside from Dillons (which are the only aftermarket lenses that I’d even consider using). Lenses that would really mesh well with tio2 aesthetic?

Last edited:
That has crossed my mind several times, but the real clincher is finding someone to cut the lenses, and sadly buying a Dillon frame. Especially since the NIR lenses are made of cr-39, I’d want a master optician to cut them to spec size.

Haven’t ruled them out, because I also want them for my PB1, and a few other frames.
Yeah, I wish Dillon's attitude would change on this topic. They make a really cool lens...

Yeah, I wish Dillon's attitude would change on this topic. They make a really cool lens...
Oleophobic textured lenses, that do not require any other special applications beyond what they do to them..yeah, they need to realize that it’s their lenses that are keeping them in business, not their gaudy frames. Imagine if they used polycarbonate or even trivex... 🤤

Oleophobic textured lenses, that do not require any other special applications beyond what they do to them..yeah, they need to realize that it’s their lenses that are keeping them in business, not their gaudy frames.
"Oleophobic" (from the Latin oleum "oil", Greek ελαιοφοβικό eleophobico from έλαιο eleo "oil" and φόβος phobos "fear") refers to the physical property of a molecule that is seemingly repelled from oil. (Strictly speaking, there is no repulsive force involved; it is an absence of attraction.)

"Oleophobic" (from the Latin oleum "oil", Greek ελαιοφοβικό eleophobico from έλαιο eleo "oil" and φόβος phobos "fear") refers to the physical property of a molecule that is seemingly repelled from oil. (Strictly speaking, there is no repulsive force involved; it is an absence of attraction.)
I could’ve sworn that the nir’s didn’t leave finger smudges, was I mistaken? Take into consideration that I’ve not slept since yesterday.

I could’ve sworn that the nir’s didn’t leave finger smudges, was I mistaken? Take into consideration that I’ve not slept since yesterday.
Nope, you're spot on. I just had to look that one up and figured I'd post it for the next person. :)

What about Maritime Prizm? I have that in XMXX and like it a lot.
I could see that, I’ve got a pair of flak/speed jacket lenses (😂 just need to get two more of those frames.., so I don’t have to worry about the interchange system going fubar). That’s not a bad idea. Thanks @Atticus