• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thump battery option

Samoth

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

Anybody doing anythings with Thumps? I've got an old 256k original pair with the flip up lenses - Mint :) The battery is not mint. Won't take any sort of charge

I know there are the replacements on ebay, but was thinking about other options - even corded.

I'd be willing to have a cord going to a USB power bank for basically never ending power. Not sure how to set that up.
Or if I could find a AAA sized battery that could be attached to the frame (even by rubber band or in a zip tie harness - more interested in function that pretty) weight size would be the issue there.

I'll probably get one of the packs on ebay, just wondering if anybody has done anything else. I couldn't find a thread like that; just ones pointing to the repair service.

Thanks!

I should have mentioned I do have some different cells from an old drill & computer battery pack that are smallish & light weight

Hi,

Anybody doing anythings with Thumps? I've got an old 256k original pair with the flip up lenses - Mint :) The battery is not mint. Won't take any sort of charge

I know there are the replacements on ebay, but was thinking about other options - even corded.

I'd be willing to have a cord going to a USB power bank for basically never ending power. Not sure how to set that up.
Or if I could find a AAA sized battery that could be attached to the frame (even by rubber band or in a zip tie harness - more interested in function that pretty) weight size would be the issue there.

I'll probably get one of the packs on ebay, just wondering if anybody has done anything else. I couldn't find a thread like that; just ones pointing to the repair service.

Thanks!
There are no other options than a factory or an OEM battery. They are NOT easy to install - your need experience in microelectronics repair. I have replaced batteries in a number of all the Thumps except the Pro there is also a friend in Florida that can repair about anything on Thumps and the O Rokrs. Just Google thump repair.

Ted

Back