• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb 1 and Icon Owner List

Just bought a no serial stealth TB from YakuzaFloralGangsta. Absolutely delighted.

My cat thinks it's her new present. Unfortunately, it's not for her ;)

image1.JPG

As mentioned, black ion plated stealth face came in two gens, first gen was serialed and 2nd gen was not.

Here's my two TB1s; the stealth is unserialed. The polished / blue is serialed but I don't remember what the number is, will have to check.

View attachment 385573

A better pic of the stunning blue face...

View attachment 385574
The Polish blue are beautiful Brother K.

Well I added you to the list, please let me know the serial number so I can properly add you to the list.

@kronin323 and @YakuzaFloralGangsta seem like all the Ion/Black tb1 is the onlu one unserialized?

Just bought a no serial stealth TB from YakuzaFloralGangsta. Absolutely delighted.

My cat thinks it's her new present. Unfortunately, it's not for her ;)

View attachment 386141
Congrats on the new time bomb. Im sure those are very excellent condition TB1. :drinks:

Your cat is awesome, Im sure your Cat can agree with all the TB1 owner that they should have made the sapphire glass. :grin:

Congrats on the new time bomb. Im sure those are very excellent condition TB1. :drinks:

Your cat is awesome, Im sure your Cat can agree with all the TB1 owner that they should have made the sapphire glass. :grin:

Thanks, Amak.2DK. Malou (my cat) definitely does. She's inspected it closely and she agrees that sapphire was the way to go.

I've a friend in the UK who works in aircraft engineering and uses an CNC machine. I feel a phone call is not far away followed by a discussion about 3D scanning / non-abrasive materials / glass etc. He'll probably tell me its not possible but... but its still worth a call ;). I'd be interested in hearing if anybody else has looked into replacing their TB I glass for something more resilient (but this is probably another thread).

IMG_3098.jpg

Well, the stock crystal on TB1 is mineral crystal. To upgrade you'd need to go sapphire or sapphire coated. I doubt the expense to custom fabricate and install one would be practical in comparison to just buying more TB1s.

Oakley used Japanese movements and mineral crystals in their earlier watches then later moved to Swiss movements and sapphire crystals. The easiest way to wear an Oakley watch that has a sapphire crystal is to get a model that came with one stock.

Thanks, Amak.2DK. Malou (my cat) definitely does. She's inspected it closely and she agrees that sapphire was the way to go.

I've a friend in the UK who works in aircraft engineering and uses an CNC machine. I feel a phone call is not far away followed by a discussion about 3D scanning / non-abrasive materials / glass etc. He'll probably tell me its not possible but... but its still worth a call ;). I'd be interested in hearing if anybody else has looked into replacing their TB I glass for something more resilient (but this is probably another thread).

View attachment 386328
Thank's for sharing, As @kronin323 has mention with the Time Bomb1 cost nowadays might be the same price in compare to replacing the mineral glass.

But I'm not stoping ya, as you should really create a thread. That way we can know how many members are interested in getting the replacement or even upgrading to the sapphire (if possible). Would really help to restore those broken glass and deeply damage glass.

Latest Posts

Back