• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tint-matching?

kmbijit

I should Work at Oakley
Are there any Oakley lenses that match (or come close to a match) for this tint? I absolutely love the color, I found it fab for driving and biking. If I have to describe in words, it'd be a dark, warm neutral tint with a 10% VLT, almost like someone took a BIP and added some warmth. If you know your color temperature, I'd put it as a 4500k temperature, against a temperature of 5500K for BIP Lenses.

(PS: Reference image is a non-Oakley lens)

IMG_20191019_083438-826.jpg

Are there any Oakley lenses that match (or come close to a match) for this tint? I absolutely love the color, I found it fab for driving and biking. If I have to describe in words, it'd be a dark, warm neutral tint with a 10% VLT, almost like someone took a BIP and added some warmth. If you know your color temperature, I'd put it as a 4500k temperature, against a temperature of 5500K for BIP Lenses.

(PS: Reference image is a non-Oakley lens)

View attachment 666461

Prizm black polar should be a close match.

Prizm black polar should be a close match.
I assume Prizm Black and Prizm Black Iridium are similar, if yes then it doesn't match, PBIP has more of rose to it. For that matter, I even checked out Warm Grey, but that's got a higher VLT and a rose hue. Prizm Daily - more or less similar to PBIP. Tungsten is overtly contrasty, almost Brown. Checked out bronze as well. That crosses out most of the current lenses.

Probably some legacy lenses might come close.

Last edited:
Sorted it out for myself. Chrome Iridium comes closest to this tint when looking through the lens, though the VLT on Chrome is higher. Unfortunately, Chrome is the least flattering of all Iridiums when looked from outside.

Latest Posts

Back