• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To blast polished Pennies or not

Onza

Oakley Enthusiast
Have a pair of polished BIP pennies. The glasses need a tune up so I’m sending them in soon. I’m split on having them blasted to x metal or not. the polished looks ok, not not exactly my style. How bad will this kill any value.

Not.

Save up a few more dollars and get proper X Metal Colorwar Penny frame. You can swap your lenses back and forth, or get new ones to enjoy.

Have a pair of polished BIP pennies. The glasses need a tune up so I’m sending them in soon. I’m split on having them blasted to x metal or not. the polished looks ok, not not exactly my style. How bad will this kill any value.
Value will stay about the same...now if it has a matching box, then some value will be lost.

Oh, and if it started as an XM serialized penny in decent shape, refinishing will hurt value. But, polished are pretty common.

You could polish them later if you were worried about the value....but to be brutally honest... If you're not happy with the color way change it the way you like it And wear them. A nicely refinished pair of x-metal frames is still worth more than a beater pair of original finished frames.

Back