• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To Pit Boss Or Not To Pit Boss

$550 for LNIB/BNIB complete
$500-525 for mint complete
$350 frame only, mint
$300 frame only, beater

Homework complete; thanks! I assume this is for PB2. Not sure if I can justify getting these over XXs, which seem more special to me....maybe I just need to buy a pair to see in hand though as pics may not do them justice....

FWIW, I disposed off my entire x-metal collection(except for a couple), in favor of the PB’s(1&2). These are the most prized/ hallowed glasses in my collection.

More than the Monster Dog, i feel the Monster Doggle has similar PB vibes along with the pit bulls to a certain extent.

Then you have what I refer to as the baby PB; Splice.

FWIW, I disposed off my entire x-metal collection(except for a couple), in favor of the PB’s(1&2). These are the most prized/ hallowed glasses in my collection.

More than the Monster Dog, i feel the Monster Doggle has similar PB vibes along with the pit bulls to a certain extent.

Then you have what I refer to as the baby PB; Splice.

Wow. You really prefer the look? Feel? Xmetals just seem so much more special...

PBI/PB2 are not titanium coated. They have titanium plates that are bolted (PBI) or screwed (PB2) in the O-Matter frame.

If you try to quantify the cost of the shades due to material used, you will never understand the PBI. The reason for the high price of the PBI is that they are in the Elite line and simply look bad ass. It doesn't hurt that PBI was the last frame that Jim Jannard designed (although they came into production after he had sold the company to Luxottica). PBI also seems to be Jim Jannard's frame of choice - it is the one most commonly seen on his head, particularly at RED events. To top it off, there is SO MUCH real estate on the PBI that allows custom artists to pull off some wicked customs.

I have x-metals as well, but I tend to reach for PBI the most. The coverage that these have, with the tight wrap, style just work for me, personally.

The metal is more complex in person, but it is more about if it is your style or not. Additionally, PBI (not the PB2) have A/R coating on the lenses that X-Metals or PB2 do not have. This allows for even clearer visibility.
Damn you.
Now I want one.

Back