• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Transition lens not going clear.

MarcRocs

Oakley Beginner
Just got my Oakley RX progressive glasses today and lens's are not transitioning to clear like I thought they would. They transition from light tint to heavy. Maybe I did not understand the LensCrafter sales guy. Maybe my love of Black Iridium Flak Jacket got misrepresented in our conversation.

Non RX Flak Jackets have made my world a better place for years. I've tried and worn out many lenses in 2 frames I own. I've avoided an eye glass prescription for years. Now I'm older and I need progressives. I decided to go with Oakley for my second pair of RX glasses and the clarity is AWESOME but they are not transitioning to 100% clear, they remain partially tinted even in low light situations. Here's what the receipt says:

P1.59 Oakley Trans8 Grey Black Iridium
UV400
Scratch Resistant
Oakley Photocromic Grey
Oakley BSAR
Black Iridium
Authentic Lens Finishing

Can anybody confirm what part of this order could be changed so I'd have glasses that transition to clear? Also any advice on how to approach LensCrafter would be appreciated.

Thanks

It could be the PhotoChromic grey, should be photochromic clear instead. The first line also says Trans8 Grey Black Iridium, maybe it should be Trans8 Clear Black Iridium.

My local LensCrafters always says that if i don’t like the lenses, I could have it replaced in the first 30 days or so.

I am sure other members will have better input than me but I am a little confused by your receipt as it seems to mention black irridium photochromic and grey too. From my experience of Oakley RX or prescriptions lenses those are two different colours, the black will always retain the slight reflection and tint indoors you have described, the grey transitions from my experience go perfectly clear when indoors and not exposed to UV.
Might be worth checking if you have BI and if definitely yes (there will be a slight mirror) maybe ask for the grey instead, if they will let you change.

Back