• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trouble with Flickering small circular lights on 3.0

Mattio201

Oakley Beginner
I am having trouble getting the four small circular lights on my single 3.0 cabinet to stop blinking. At first they wouldn't work. I received advice to replace the ballast from someone on this site. I went to Lowes and found the ballast and replaced it. They work but they blink when t Any suggestions.

You may have the wrong ballast, you may have bad halogens, they may actually be LEDs. Could be anything. Without pictures and some details it’ll hard to help you.

When I play with the connections on top of the circular lights the blinking seems to cease and I'm wondering if you can get new connections for them that quick clip into the harness or if these things are not available. I can also send a few pics later.

Does anyone also know the LED lightbuld part number that replaces those small circular lights at the top of the cabinets. I believe can just use the same bllast for the tubs and get LED versions at lowes, correct?

The connectors are MR16. So any MR16 base bulb will fit. Look for MR16 LEDs and pick a temperature you like. I would get an LED driver for them too. Let the ballast just power the fluorescent tubes.

And yes you can get replacement MR16 base connectors too.

image.jpg

There’s a place I use that sells small led drivers, the mr16s and the mr16 sockets (shown above) and I would just rewire if the case is halogen. But without pics it’s hard to tell

Back