• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK X-metal servicing. Cerakoting. Custom cut lenses. Stripped screw heads. UK

Hi, i have a beloved pair of XX-metal Romeo that i have had for over twenty years, with some very close shaves of loosing them over the years. Im sure i will find somehwere on here for those stories. But back to the reason for this post, they are in need of a nose brdige repair as the alst one was carrired out 10 years agao by Oakely. Iam based in the Uk in Dorset.

Hi, i have a beloved pair of XX-metal Romeo that i have had for over twenty years, with some very close shaves of loosing them over the years. Im sure i will find somehwere on here for those stories. But back to the reason for this post, they are in need of a nose brdige repair as the alst one was carrired out 10 years agao by Oakely. Iam based in the Uk in Dorset.
Romeos don’t need nose bridge repairs, is it an X-Metal XX? Pic?

Hi Dan

Yes I can retune the XX for you but I would have to send the bridge away to be touched up. May take a while. It would only be a couple of days to get them back to you without the paint needed for the scratch.

This is why nobody should attempt a DIY job on a pair as it usually ends with disaster. I have had many pairs that people have tried to do themselves and they have ruined them. Better that someone who is used to retuning and has done hundreds.

The XX 24k is the worst pair to try a DIY job because of the gold paint. A plasma doesn't look that bad with minor marks and a polished frame I can buff out the marks.

Have a think and if you want to go ahead let me know.

Best regards

Mike
Mike,

Has been a while but now in position to pay to get my XX 24Ks repaired, both the retune & the paintwork so ready to go ahead with it. What's the next step/how do we proceed from here?

Many Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan

Yes I can retune the XX for you but I would have to send the bridge away to be touched up. May take a while. It would only be a couple of days to get them back to you without the paint needed for the scratch.

This is why nobody should attempt a DIY job on a pair as it usually ends with disaster. I have had many pairs that people have tried to do themselves and they have ruined them. Better that someone who is used to retuning and has done hundreds.

The XX 24k is the worst pair to try a DIY job because of the gold paint. A plasma doesn't look that bad with minor marks and a polished frame I can buff out the marks.

Have a think and if you want to go ahead let me know.

Best regards

Mike
Mike,

Has been a while but now in position to pay to get my XX 24Ks repaired, both the retune & the paintwork so ready to go ahead with it. What's the next step/how do we proceed from here?

Many Thanks

Dan

Mike,

Many Thanks

Dan
Hi Dan

Yes, i can sought that for you. I will send you a message with my email buddy. I'll put my address on there for you to send them to.

Mike

Back