• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unserialised Polished Penny DWP lenses

The measurements are there abouts eh. Who knows if the difference in rubbers made a difference? Possible differing genearations too? Also the weighing scales to come to think about it.

Nice photos! Yeah I'm not sure how accurate my scale is, I just use that for cooking. It's a really cheap scale from kmart.

Hi Raindownunder. Does your polished Juliets have a serial #? I've had two polished frames and both of which do not have serial numbers. I was just wondering if this is a common thing with polished or they may have been the 4th generations.

Hi Raindownunder. Does your polished Juliets have a serial #? I've had two polished frames and both of which do not have serial numbers. I was just wondering if this is a common thing with polished or they may have been the 4th generations.

Hi tranzformer,

Nope mine don't have serials. I honestly prefer polished frames with no serials. I have a serialised (polished) Penny, and unserialised ones, and comparing them side by side reveals how much imperfections, casting marks, etc, there are on the serialised versions (older). Some people prefer that though, but I prefer the later generation stuff. Unserialised Juliets if I'm not mistaken, are 4th gens.

Last edited:
Hi tranzformer,

Nope mine don't have serials. I honestly prefer polished frames with no serials. I have a serialised Penny, and unserialised ones, and comparing them side by side reveals how much imperfections, casting marks, etc, there are on the serialised versions (older). Some people prefer that though, but I prefer the later generation stuff. Unserialised Juliets if I'm not mistaken, are 4th gens.
Yeah I prefer newer models for the reason you have mentioned. I sold my other polished Juliets when I bought Plasma ones (did not have the same heavy quality feel as the polished Juliets) and then regretted it! So luckily I was able to buy another pair of polished Juliets - better condition. So I'm back in luv wiv me Julies lol. Its close between the Pennies and the polished ones but I think I prefer the polished Juliets with fire lens. I'm definitely not a fan of the Plasma.

My Pennies are serialised and have slight casting marks but still very cool.

Cheers for the info.

Last edited:
Yeah I prefer newer models for the reason you have mentioned. I sold my other Polished Juliets when I bought Plasma ones (did not have the same heavy quality feel as the polished Juliets) and then regretted it. So luckily I was able to buy another pair of polished ones - better condition. So I'm back in luv wiv me Julies lol. Its close between the Pennies and the polished ones but I think I prefer the polished Juliets with fire lens. I'm definitely not a fan of the plasma ones.

My pennies are serialised and have slight casting marks but still very cool.

Cheers for the info.

Wow that was my first ever X-metal bought brand-new back in 2010, a non serialised Polished Juliet with Fire lenses. Got stolen back in 2012 though :(

Wow that was my first ever X-metal bought brand-new back in 2010, a non serialised Polished Juliet with Fire lenses. Got stolen back in 2012 though :(
They are just bad ass looking sunglasses! It attracts unwanted attention. I've had several compliments with the polished fire lenses. You can be a marked man wearing them in the wrong place lol. I guess it doesn't make that much of a difference if you switched to a less fancy lens as polished Juliets will always attract attention...or should I say all X Metal sunglasses. I was wearing my Pennies the other day and someone shouted - hey you from the Matrix! ha ha.

They are just bad ass looking sunglasses! It attracts unwanted attention. I've had several compliments with the polished fire lenses. You can be a marked man wearing them in the wrong place lol. I guess it doesn't make that much of a difference if you switched to a less fancy lens as polished Juliets will always attract attention...or should I say all X Metal sunglasses. I was wearing my Pennies the other day and someone shouted - hey you from the Matrix! ha ha.

hahaha! :grin:

So... I decided to weigh my polished Juliets with the polarised Fire lenses and was initially surprised to see it come in slightly heavier (+ 0.6 g) compared with the non polarised black lens. Thinking about it I guess that is due to the extra polarised layer on it. Anyway I thought I share this information.

oak1&2.JPG

Back