• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unserialised Polished Penny DWP lenses

No worries, although I have to say that the Prizm lenses make the greens much greener compared to mu non-prizm oem lenses, in case you're interested with that.
Apparently the DWP lenses are manufacturer by Oakley/Luxottica. So the quality of lenses should be similiar to the OEM lense. Its just a shame about the brown tint as the DWP do look super bling bling but I don't know if I can put up with the tint. Thanks for the information.

Hey raindownunder, seeing the pennies and juliets side by side has reminded me off weighing my sunglasses. Surprisingly my Pennies feels a lot heavier than my polished Juliets. But, from memory, when I weighed them there was only 1gram difference between the two. I had expected the Juliets to be a lot more in weight. If you own some small weighing scales (not now-when convenient) can you write down the weights of both your Penny and Juliet please. I will jot it down on here later when I finish work. It would be interesting to see if they are accurate in weights with my glasses. Thanks.

That actually is a good question...

Penny:
A2E757C4-8834-4276-B8C6-11F517D974A0.jpeg

Juliet:
E3C87735-33DA-41A0-8257-C8D6ACB210DD.jpeg

And subjectively, the Juliets feels like they weigh lighter when wearing them, I kinda feel like all the weight is transfered to the temples, not on the nose. Wow I miss my Juliets now lol. I just think I fit the Pennies better. I think juliets have a wider surface area as well which is noticeable when wearing them.

By the way I'm using Linegear rubbers on both, not sure how much that affects the weight...

Last edited:
Apparently the DWP lenses are manufacturer by Oakley/Luxottica. So the quality of lenses should be similiar to the OEM lense. Its just a shame about the brown tint as the DWP do look super bling bling but I don't know if I can put up with the tint. Thanks for the information.

No worries, I myself actually prefer the brown-ish/bronze-ish tint of the DWP way better than the grayish tint on the Ice iridium lens. Looking through the DWP is amazing (for me). It makes the world more colourful, brighter contrasts and even the wallpaper on my macbooks look better while wearing the DWP lol.

That actually is a good question...

Penny:
View attachment 552647

Juliet:
View attachment 552648

And subjectively, the Juliets feels like they weigh lighter when wearing them, I kinda feel like all the weight is transfered to the temples, not on the nose. Wow I miss my Juliets now lol. I just think I fit the Pennies better. I think juliets have a wider surface area as well which is noticeable when wearing them.

By the way I'm using Linegear rubbers on both, not sure how much that affects the weight...
Awesome thanks for that! I will post photos of my weights later tonight after work. My Pennies feel a lot more weighty when I hold them and wear them. The Juliets however feel light in comparison- wearing and holding. The great thing about your Juliets is that you know 100% sure they are genuine. I bought both my glasses off eBay.

No worries, I myself actually prefer the brown-ish/bronze-ish tint of the DWP way better than the grayish tint on the Ice iridium lens. Looking through the DWP is amazing (for me). It makes the world more colourful, brighter contrasts and even the wallpaper on my macbooks look better while wearing the DWP lol.
Hmm interesting. That quote springs to mind when I read your message... 'Never say never'.

Awesome thanks for that! I will post photos of my weights later tonight after work. My Pennies feel a lot more weighty when I hold them and wear them. The Juliets however feel light in comparison- wearing and holding. The great thing about your Juliets is that you know 100% sure they are genuine. I bought both my glasses off eBay.

Cool! Yeah we'll have more data, that could help others as well :)

The measurements are there abouts eh. Who knows if the difference in rubbers made a difference? Possible differing genearations too? Also the weighing scales to come to think about it.

Latest Posts

Back