• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unusual issues with Juliets and Pennies!?

Ualbert

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys.
Basically I got two X-metals locally and I have two different issues with them. The Juliets 2 gen where the nose pads attach, on the left side top hook it seems like there is a piece of metal there avoiding the nose pad to attach correctly in the hook. Could that be a factory defect? Any I ideas on how to sand that out? The Pennies I have two different early serial numbers on both arms. It seems like its right arm was replaced with another left arm. Any ideas I am uploading the pics of the Juliets and will upload the Pennies later today. How did that happen? Could it be a factory thing? Thanks!
20191102_105810.jpg

20191102_105733.jpg

That extra bit of metal on the Juliet’s won’t make a difference once a bomb is on it.

With regards to the Penny issue, please post pics so we can laugh, be enthralled and possibly even mildly titillated.

That extra bit of metal on the Juliet’s won’t make a difference once a bomb is on it.

With regards to the Penny issue, please post pics so we can laugh, be enthralled and possibly even mildly titillated.

Hi Jon,

The nose bomb that came with it is already ripped on the top where it should attach on the hook...it does seem to me like it is making a difference but I will try a new one and see what happens..
About the Pennies 😂 I will in the next 10 minutes! For a little while I thought I had something RARE 😁.
Thanks for your reply!

I've had an issue like the one you're describing for the Juliet but on my XX Plasma. However, my extra metal was where the gaskets for earstem washers go. As a result, my XX Plasma ate up earstem washer. @zwc0442 was able to shave the metal down though. He might be able to do the same for you.

Hi Jon,

The nose bomb that came with it is already ripped on the top where it should attach on the hook...it does seem to me like it is making a difference but I will try a new one and see what happens..
About the Pennies 😂 I will in the next 10 minutes! For a little while I thought I had something RARE 😁.
Thanks for your reply!

Looking forward to it, bud.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply!

Here are the pics of the Pennies' arms. First one is the left and second one is the right and it is mounted upside down, it is most likely a left arm transplanted from another frame.! 😑
20191104_135259.jpg

20191104_135213.jpg

I've had an issue like the one you're describing for the Juliet but on my XX Plasma. However, my extra metal was where the gaskets for earstem washers go. As a result, my XX Plasma ate up earstem washer. @zwc0442 was able to shave the metal down though. He might be able to do the same for you.
I guess this is a thing then. I wish I had noticed it when I bought them. Wonder how much is gonna cost to fix this. Thanks!

I guess this is a thing then. I wish I had noticed it when I bought them. Wonder how much is gonna cost to fix this. Thanks!

I couldn't tell you the price, that would be more for @zwc0442 to decide.

It's just the way titanium is cast - you have to remember that this was a first in the industry. Nobody else had the balls to cast titanium and make frames out of it the way Oakley did. It's very difficult to cast titanium and have it be perfect. That's kind of the beauty of X-Metal - no single frame is the same.

At first, imperfections bothered me, but now I've grown to appreciate them so long as they don't affect function. And, if they do then usually zwc can repair it.

Latest Posts

Back