• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unusual issues with Juliets and Pennies!?

Here are the pics of the Pennies' arms. First one is the left and second one is the right and it is mounted upside down, it is most likely a left arm transplanted from another frame.! 😑
View attachment 671815
View attachment 671816

Never seen anything like that before so in that respect it is rare, not necessarily desirable but rare!! Lol

Does it function ok?

I couldn't tell you the price, that would be more for @zwc0442 to decide.

It's just the way titanium is cast - you have to remember that this was a first in the industry. Nobody else had the balls to cast titanium and make frames out of it the way Oakley did. It's very difficult to cast titanium and have it be perfect. That's kind of the beauty of X-Metal - no single frame is the same.

At first, imperfections bothered me, but now I've grown to appreciate them so long as they don't affect function. And, if they do then usually zwc can repair it.

Cool! I dig what you are saying! Thanks..I will pm him!

Never seen anything like that before so in that respect it is rare, not necessarily desirable but rare!! Lol

Does it function ok?

I get it. It does function as stock. Funny thing is these are actually prescription and came with Oakley RX lenses that are barely used...tight and clean allover...it does not feel like it was replaced by somebody that destroyed it beforehand. Who knows!? I post more pics of it later when I get home.

I should try that...althoug I am not a very handy guy...😣
Thanks for the input though!

Another name for a cut off wheel in lots of automotive shops is the “Wheel of death” - appropriately named for all the maimings and injuries it has caused.

@zwc0442 has hooked me up previously with simple for him work at great pricing, send him a PM and I’m sure you will be happy sending them out to get fixed properly.
(Almost guaranteed you keep all your fingers this way as well) :)

Back