• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Uploading multiple images at the same time

I can see it now....

"what site are you having this type of issue? Dont' worry....we will be able to see it on the server."

"Hmmmmmm.....Oakleyforum.com? Social media website.....should be blocked....... click...now he wont have a problem anymore since he can't access that site AT ALL"

:rofl:

Well the local IT guy isn't like that, but yeah, how to ask the question without getting into specifics has been going through my mind... ;)

Well the local IT guy isn't like that, but yeah, how to ask the question without getting into specifics has been going through my mind... ;)
I guess it depends....if it was me I would have noticed that traffic going through the server already and had blocked it long ago.....maybe he won't....unless he hasn't seen it. ;)

Tried reinstalling flash from scratch, still no go. Tried IE, same problem. Guess I'll have to ask IT...
It can't be flash. The Chrome browser and the ChromeOS don't use flash at all, Google abandoned it some time ago. I'd guess that it's some form of php script that handles the upload function since a lot of the backend on forums like this are done in php. Sometimes the php script will actually call up a java applet that handles the heavy lifting that older versions of php aren't good with.

I'm too lazy to actually pull the page source and look though....

I guess it depends....if it was me I would have noticed that traffic going through the server already and had blocked it long ago.....maybe he won't....unless he hasn't seen it. ;)
Most IT guys are too lazy to add in exceptions and blocks manually. They'll pull an off the shelf product like Novell and just let it block whatever is blocked by default.

Most IT guys are too lazy to add in exceptions and blocks manually. They'll pull an off the shelf product like Novell and just let it block whatever is blocked by default.
Not me.....most..... I don't trust the default filters to catch everything. ;)

Curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the page source. It is in fact a java applet that gets called up when you hit the "Upload File" button. Granted that java command is actually itself calling up a SWF script... but that's on the server side so it shouldn't cause problems client side no matter if you use a flash supported browser or not. So basically you're either having issues with the way your work machine handles java, or something is coded differently in Firefox than IE that prevents Firefox from running the full code the command is trying to call up.

Code:
data-action="http://www.oakleyforum.com/attachments/do-upload.json?hash=c77988b342f0344738a27fbedd6d624b&content_type=post"

Full section in question:

Code:
<span id="AttachmentUploader" class="buttonProxy AttachmentUploader"
style="display: none"
data-placeholder="#SWFUploadPlaceHolder"
data-trigger="#ctrl_uploader"
data-postname="upload"
data-maxfilesize="5242880"
data-maxuploads="15"
data-extensions="zip,txt,pdf,png,jpg,jpeg,jpe,gif"
data-action="http://www.oakleyforum.com/attachments/do-upload.json?hash=e9d174392ecbbf4a8de554bbe269799f&amp;content_type=post"
data-uniquekey=""
data-err-110="The uploaded file is too large."
data-err-120="The uploaded file is empty."
data-err-130="The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."
data-err-unknown="There was a problem uploading your file.">
<span id="SWFUploadPlaceHolder"></span>
<input type="button" value="Upload a File"
id="ctrl_uploader" class="button OverlayTrigger DisableOnSubmit"
data-href="http://www.oakleyforum.com/attachments/upload?hash=e9d174392ecbbf4a8de554bbe269799f&amp;content_type=post&amp;content_data[thread_id]=47832"
data-hider="#AttachmentUploader" />
<span class="HiddenInput" data-name="_xfSessionId" data-value="f04ae2e6271e1fc66c76107772fb4e7d"></span>
<span class="HiddenInput" data-name="content_data[thread_id]" data-value="47832"></span>
</span>
<noscript>
<a href="attachments/upload?hash=e9d174392ecbbf4a8de554bbe269799f&amp;content_type=post&amp;content_data[thread_id]=47832" class="button" target="_blank">Upload a File</a>
</noscript>

Curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the page source. It is in fact a java applet that gets called up when you hit the "Upload File" button. Granted that java command is actually itself calling up a SWF script... but that's on the server side so it shouldn't cause problems client side no matter if you use a flash supported browser or not. So basically you're either having issues with the way your work machine handles java, or something is coded differently in Firefox than IE that prevents Firefox from running the full code the command is trying to call up.

Code:
data-action="http://www.oakleyforum.com/attachments/do-upload.json?hash=c77988b342f0344738a27fbedd6d624b&amp;content_type=post"

Full section in question:

Code:
<span id="AttachmentUploader" class="buttonProxy AttachmentUploader"
style="display: none"
data-placeholder="#SWFUploadPlaceHolder"
data-trigger="#ctrl_uploader"
data-postname="upload"
data-maxfilesize="5242880"
data-maxuploads="15"
data-extensions="zip,txt,pdf,png,jpg,jpeg,jpe,gif"
data-action="http://www.oakleyforum.com/attachments/do-upload.json?hash=e9d174392ecbbf4a8de554bbe269799f&amp;content_type=post"
data-uniquekey=""
data-err-110="The uploaded file is too large."
data-err-120="The uploaded file is empty."
data-err-130="The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."
data-err-unknown="There was a problem uploading your file.">
<span id="SWFUploadPlaceHolder"></span>
<input type="button" value="Upload a File"
id="ctrl_uploader" class="button OverlayTrigger DisableOnSubmit"
data-href="http://www.oakleyforum.com/attachments/upload?hash=e9d174392ecbbf4a8de554bbe269799f&amp;content_type=post&amp;content_data[thread_id]=47832"
data-hider="#AttachmentUploader" />
<span class="HiddenInput" data-name="_xfSessionId" data-value="f04ae2e6271e1fc66c76107772fb4e7d"></span>
<span class="HiddenInput" data-name="content_data[thread_id]" data-value="47832"></span>
</span>
<noscript>
<a href="attachments/upload?hash=e9d174392ecbbf4a8de554bbe269799f&amp;content_type=post&amp;content_data[thread_id]=47832" class="button" target="_blank">Upload a File</a>
</noscript>

Aha, looks like my java plugin's outdated and blocked. I'll try updating...

Back