• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying User grade XX, lens or not

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Aiming to get an XX as my next X Metal after the Juliet I have. From my understanding it's a larger feeling take on the Juliet with a little more eye coverage.

Don't really care about the rarity or 'collector value', as I would like one that I can start using even if it's all dinged up or scratched. But would at least want something where the flex coupler is still good for a while as I don't have a pin pusher.

Good lens or not is not a big deal since I'm likely to get a new lens of my liking later (not a fan of Fire Iridium I know so far). Though would be cool if I could try out a VR28, but I know that would likely bump the price a bit.

Some people reacted to this post.
Good luck on your quest Karl. I bought a serialed pair off of cheatbay last night, without lenses, for $435 🤷‍♂️
I just traded the pair I had kept for 15 years for a pair of R1's a couple weeks ago, and right after I traded them 2 sets of Revant lenses that I had forgotten I had ordered showed up a few days later! Lol! Fortunately, I was able to grab this pair up!
Screenshot_20210924-111754_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210924-111804_eBay.jpg

Nice looking though, sounds like a heck of a journey.

Username Hidden said:
Nice looking though, sounds like a heck of a journey.
Thanks! I was thrilled to find them at that price. Every other pair of XX's I had looked at were $575 and up. The lenses were freebies through a Revant promotion so to have less than 5 bills in em isn't a bad deal I don't think 🤷‍♂️

Username Hidden said:
Thanks! I was thrilled to find them at that price. Every other pair of XX's I had looked at were $575 and up. The lenses were freebies through a Revant promotion so to have less than 5 bills in em isn't a bad deal I don't think 🤷‍♂️
Tim, i got some lenses for you. dont use those trash lenses

Username Hidden said:
Tim, i got some lenses for you. dont use those trash lenses
Sounds awesome! I'd love to see em!

Username Hidden said:
Sounds awesome! I'd love to see em!
*then he sends ahead a myrok pair before the actual pair arrives as a joke...