• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

USPS sucks

USPS is plain F-ed up right now. It's taking longer just to leave the state. All mail is late, with most not making the due dates. It's just getting worse.
This is true but I don't understand why. There's a lot of priority and first class being sent by air currently whereas in the past it was mostly priority express and priority. Although USPS was always a gamble so I'm not surprised.

The Royal Mail are putting it on the doorstep, stepping back and then asking if you are happy that they sign for receipt. About the best way of doing it I reckon and no problem as I’ve been wfh during lockdown anyway.
This is how it should be. It's close enough to the service being paid for to be acceptable, at least to me.

Thank God my most expensive purchase of the year made it to me with no issues last week, but I’ve had others delayed a week and one other one is currently in limbo with no ETA on the tracking.

I guess I’ve been pretty lucky. Haven’t had any issues at all. Maybe a day or two late at most
That's my experience with priority. But first class has been worse than usual in my experience.

I'll admit one thing on USPS behalf. As slow as things have been lately, at least they haven't completely lost one of my packages this year, and it's been more than one year since they last lost mail of mine (in or out-bound). A couple packages were more than a month late. But on both occasions, the buyers were happy their glasses arrived, and repaid the money I was forced to refund. Lucky me. So that is roughly 1 out of about 1000 transactions lost. Not bad.

Last edited:
I just had mail go to a buyer in Florida in 4 days (from Hawaii). At the same time, a similar sized package sent to Utah took a little over a week. Crap shoot.

On Monday I dropped off 5 packages at the post office, 2 (with Turbine frames), went in the USPS box, and 3 were scanned (the ones containing expensive items that were insured). It's been 3 days, and the Turbine packages haven't been scanned at all at any point. Lesson to self, get EVERYTHING scanned, or else

View attachment 773088
Wow. Your post office kind of sucks then. All my mail that has pre-paid shipping labels, that are all dropped in the box bin at my local PO, are always scanned before being sent to the next location. No miss. But I suppose if sh!+ like that happens where you're at, then I too would be inclined to have all my packages scanned beforehand as well. But if that means going into the business area of the PO, and have to stand in line, then it becomes a big pain in the @$$. :confused:

On Monday I dropped off 5 packages at the post office, 2 (with Turbine frames), went in the USPS box, and 3 were scanned (the ones containing expensive items that were insured). It's been 3 days, and the Turbine packages haven't been scanned at all at any point. Lesson to self, get EVERYTHING scanned, or else

View attachment 773088

I have them scan every package I drop off and I get the receipt. One time the PO tried to charge me for incorrect weight later in the delivery, had the receipt with it weighed on their scale. The other time it was a tracking number that didnt update but it showed on the receipt. ALWAYS get the receipt.

Brad sent me some packages March 18 and i finally got them 3,5 months later lol...
PB1, Zero 0.1, Ducati Juliet, MD whiskey, and 3 more...
One package did not update at all, the other one updated then standby some weeks and update again but not moving at all.

I'm glad that I got them in the end...

Back