• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

USPS sucks

Hmm, you are correct. I do not feel like I'm truly aware of who is doing what for whom.

Did you mean USPS is taking over the last leg once dropped off at the Post Office facilities?
If not, are the post office facilities just like part of the "package highway route" so to speak and all shipping services utilize them?
Once it's dropped off at the post office, USPS delivers the package. SmartPost delivery time is usually a day or two added to what would have been FedEx Ground. FedEx has taken that part over in some areas, bypassing the post office and USPS.

I noticed most days are OK. But there have been more delays than normal. As long as I get mail to the post office before they pick up the last load at 5pm, mail should make it off the island before midnight. But now there's more days when mail is leaving the next day, and more late mail too.

See post #26.
No time. Dropping off more mail.

IMG_6538.jpeg
IMG_6542.jpeg

I spoke with post office because a couple of my domestic packages mailed priority was still not delivered after several weeks. They mentioned areas that are getting hit with covid are being more delayed than others.

I have also noticed international packages have been taking very long. It took over month to get two packages from Europe. I’m Seeing similar delay from japan (not recieved yet) atleast 3 weeks later.

shipping is heavily impacted right now.
I have a package coming from usps, tracking hasnt updated in 7days. ‘In transit to nxt facility‘not sure how to check it further than the tracking no. Guessing its just a waiting game. 🤨

I have a package coming from usps, tracking hasnt updated in 7days. ‘In transit to nxt facility‘not sure how to check it further than the tracking no. Guessing its just a waiting game.

Yea that’s what’s been happening. The post office mentioned you can actually submit and inquiry online for them to investigate it. I didn’t attempt it.

One of my packages just arrived yesterday. It took over a month and it was domestic. Atleast the buyers i have been dealing with has been reasonable
83c4fc648eaf32bd3a568dffac86ef20.jpg

Thanks @X-Metal Beast , submitted a search request. Probably just covid related delays but be helpful to know they know where it is 👍🏼

• 1 inbound showed as "delivered", but nothing arrived. Likely lost or stolen. Was a custom, so nobody to respond to, but still lost a nice, freshly done pair

Check with your neighbors and believe it or not other family members. I have had this happen a few times when someone says it shows delivered but cant find it. Sometimes with a neighbor in the wrong box. Other times another family member gets the mail and puts it somewhere unseen. Last but not least talk directly with the carrier that delivered it.

Latest Posts

Back