• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Valentine's Frogs.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Hey all. Just posting a grail. This at one point was a frog I couldn't do without. I did some research and found a contact that enabled me to achieve the goal. Now that some tastes have changed I feel the need to post these..I will be posting them on Ebay as well but I'll give the forum a chance at a lower price first. This is not a custom I did. This is not painted by me and I don't have any idea who did them at HQ. I was once told it was takumi but I'm not sure now. 30 pairs are known to exist but this one is a incomplete pair..being that they came from HQ I never got the bag. Shame cuz it would have made them just that much better. Anyhow.. here they are. Vdays. Looking for $999 last year these sold for around 2k plus plus.. missing bag and slow frog times means cheaper hahaha.. anyway..
20181016_212239.jpg
20181016_212235.jpg
20181016_212249.jpg
20181016_212245.jpg
20181016_212229.jpg
20181016_212307.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Up

Username Hidden said:
I love these trust me I wish they were sitting in my case 😍

They could be 🤔

Hi Brian,
I'm wondering why these are still available and I might have a theory…
I know your connections to the HQ are strong so I don't doubt that these are genuine.
But, a buyer will ask himself ...how can they be proofed that they are the real deal?
There is no SKU, no certificate, even no bag. Nowadays a handful of talented people here paint these easily in that colorway… ;)
It would be cool if Brian Takumi signs a certificate for that pair. Then they sell for sure.

Just my 5 cents… :cool:

Username Hidden said:
Hi Brian,
I'm wondering why these are still available and I might have a theory…
I know your connections to the HQ are strong so I don't doubt that these are genuine.
But, a buyer will ask himself ...how can they be proofed that they are the real deal?
There is no SKU, no certificate, even no bag. Nowadays a handful of talented people here paint these easily in that colorway… ;)
It would be cool if Brian Takumi signs a certificate for that pair. Then they sell for sure.

Just my 5 cents… :cool:

There will always be doubters, and people who dont have knowledge that when some grail pairs or prototypes that come straight from HQ never come with any certificate. These pairs were never meant to be available for the so called Oakley collector. And only true collector's know this. Yes there are many talented artist out there that can duplicate a grail pair, but with that being sad, do your research on the item and the seller before making comment questioning the very integrity of a well respected and honest individual. Certain people here have an amazing reputation and I doubt they are willing to put their reputation on the line for the sale of an inauthentic product. This isnt ebay.

Username Hidden said:
There will always be doubters, and people who dont have knowledge that when some grail pairs or prototypes that come straight from HQ never come with any certificate. These pairs were never meant to be available for the so called Oakley collector. And only true collector's know this. Yes there are many talented artist out there that can duplicate a grail pair, but with that being sad, do your research on the item and the seller before making comment questioning the very integrity of a well respected and honest individual. Certain people here have an amazing reputation and I doubt they are willing to put their reputation on the line for the sale of an inauthentic product. This isnt ebay.

I don't questioning the very integrity of a well respected and honest member here, Tom. I was just searching for reasons why that pair is still available...

Your message should have been sent through PM.

Confirmation from Brian takumi himself when I chatted to him about my pair was that it was concepted by him. However, he did not physically paint the pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back