• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value of a Gold Timebomb 1?

Oakley for life

I should Work at Oakley
I know a guy who was an OG at Oakley HQ's who is looking to sell off some of this items and one of them is a very very low numbered Gold Timebomb 1 that he got from Jim himself!

I told him I would reach out and see what people thought the value of it would be in today's market.

There were only 50 made and most went to the high up "brass" at HQ's and Oakley Athletes at the time. I know that MJ has/had one at one point and Jim kept #1 and #2 for himself.

Im not the top expert on watches here.... far from it in fact but here is what Oakley thought them to be worth at the time they sold. The rarity of it means none really ever come up for sale so there is no reference. I would say if you took the equations of what the other regular timebombs were and see what they sell for today then deduct this one by that same percentage it would be around $10 to $12k BUT the factors of it being 1 of 100 AND I honestly doubt many sold over the counter so they were likely given as gifts from Jim or other executives. With that put into the equation.... I really do not know! :rofl: One way to find out would be to set up with a auction company NOT eBay (unless you want to eat unreasonable fees)

Well considering it was listed for sale at 25,000. I’ve seen one go for 22,000. That was years ago, look at the carbon C-6, it’s price is double if you find one for sale. Being quite a low quantity ever available I would say he could list it for around 30,000 and probably get it

Well considering it was listed for sale at 25,000. I’ve seen one go for 22,000. That was years ago, look at the carbon C-6, it’s price is double if you find one for sale. Being quite a low quantity ever available I would say he could list it for around 30,000 and probably get it
I can see where your coming from, and.... agreed! That is the first time I have heard of one sold myself! If it went 22k back in the day then 30K would be about right

I know a guy who was an OG at Oakley HQ's who is looking to sell off some of this items and one of them is a very very low numbered Gold Timebomb 1 that he got from Jim himself!

I told him I would reach out and see what people thought the value of it would be in today's market.

There were only 50 made and most went to the high up "brass" at HQ's and Oakley Athletes at the time. I know that MJ has/had one at one point and Jim kept #1 and #2 for himself.
He wants at least 5k for the set of irons. Wonder what the scotty cameron putter will go for...

I think its value may depend on the number and sell it on a good platform.
I think it would be a good choice if you put it up for auction.

Back