• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
If you put a different lens tint other than what it originally came with, it isnt original even if it is an Oakley lens. Original lenses would be the correct color from the original manufacturer. What you did was put what you could find in it that was close. Not the same thing.

Ok, good to know. But do you think that would be significant to depreciate the value just for that reason?

Ok, good to know. But do you think that would be significant to depreciate the value just for that reason?

If the lens is a hard to find (ie out of production and no donors available) then yes, it can significantly effect the price. In the end as mentioned before, it is all about what someone else is willing to pay.

Take a pair of Romeos for example. Mint frame with correct lenses with etching or mint frame with another Oakley lens cut to fit? Difference in value, or course.

If you are pushing the whole idea that is has everything with it, box pin, card, etc and mint or near mint you are pushing toward a collector and they want it original so yes, the lens does matter.

Hi folks,
I am restoring 2 x Square Wire 2.0 one SH one no SH.
Both Frames are in very good used condition.
So my question is what are they worth to someone with:
- New Rubber, original Lenses in good shape with minor scratches?
- New Rubber, new OEM Lenses cut from donor?
- New Rubber, new Aftermarket Lenses like Walleva, Fuse, Gallaxy or equivalent?
- How much does the original Box improve the value?
Would pay more for OG or newly cut, Walleva aren’t very good. I personally could care less about the box. I’m looking for lenses for the SH version without much luck

Would pay more for OG or newly cut, Walleva aren’t very good. I personally could care less about the box. I’m looking for lenses for the SH version without much luck
Not easy or more like impossible to find OEM Lenses for SW with SH.
Best chance is to learn to cut lenses.
I sold in the meantime all my Wire Frames.
I kept one set Sample Lenses for a SW w. SH just in case I need to cut me new lenses.

I found that M frame, I think it's a pro. He asks 79$, what do you guys think?. Imho I think it's ok, right?

1576139520085.png

1576139539420.png
1576139568803.png

1576139635995.png

1576139672239.png

Gauging interest new to the exchange side. What are these worth? The boss said she doesn’t like them on me at all, so seeing if someone wants them or maybe trade for some wires.

Please be gentle!

Do people usually get right what they ask or is there a lot of bartering?

75 i would take all day! I don’t have the boxes as I purchased these about 20 years ago maybe?

d4e2db332ac0e13b81bbafedc03c0314.jpg
e1d3d75b77772e4f86458fb038a068d4.jpg
04f3603cfbdc4f00f423aa002684becb.jpg

Hi

I have a very special combo I think about selling.
I love hammerstem polished juliet and was always frustrated they didn’t come in other finishes. On the other hand, I always thought that Romeos were too large for my head...
So I switched the arms.

I end up having straight arms Romeo (currently fitted with professionally custom cut oakley ruby lenses) and hammer stem x-metal juliet (with brand new black lenses)
Both frames and lenses are in line new condition.

I wonder if I should try to sell both together or put the arms back where they belong and sell them separately.
Any thoughts? What would be their value in your opinion?

thanks!

33D03ED0-2D18-42EB-8466-3F7577DEB0B4.jpeg

199A9EAE-AB6C-45C4-8A47-6FBD91E47FEF.jpeg

Hi

I have a very special combo I think about selling.
I love hammerstem polished juliet and was always frustrated they didn’t come in other finishes. On the other hand, I always thought that Romeos were too large for my head...
So I switched the arms.

I end up having straight arms Romeo (currently fitted with professionally custom cut oakley ruby lenses) and hammer stem x-metal juliet (with brand new black lenses)
Both frames and lenses are in line new condition.

I wonder if I should try to sell both together or put the arms back where they belong and sell them separately.
Any thoughts? What would be their value in your opinion?

thanks!

View attachment 683982

View attachment 683983
Put the arms back...a straight arm R1 isn’t going to be valued as high, IMO. Then sell separately.

Back