• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Any idea of JFL values these days?

My pair are the blue/grey but with upgraded lenses to genuine BIP. Original box, paperwork and bag.

Frame has one tiny chip (approx. 1mm) otherwise mint
lenses unmarked
rubber probably 8-9/10 in good shape but slightly tackier than new.

Original black iridium lenses were damaged when I tried cleaning with hand soap and the iridium coating came off. I had never had this problem before but have only used Oakley lens cleaner since!

I'm contemplating selling them but not 100% decided, tough decision.

Trying to decide whether to part with my R1 Jordan. If it's not worth much, I'll pass on to my son. Otherwise, I'll move it on to a collector who will restore it a bit and give it more attention than it's getting now.

Here are some pics from the Romeo Jordan owners thread:

And here are additional details:

It's not mint, but wouldn't call it a beater either.

Both lenses show some scratches and the right lens has a spider crack.

There are some scratches on the frame and arms, which I attribute to normal wear as opposed to abuse.

The arms swing freely - I honestly don't remember if they were ever tight - and the right arm has some wobble. I've never tried to tighten the hinges.

The left side of the frame is pretty tight, while the right side exhibits some flex.

Everything is original except the black ear socks; the red ones are long gone. Extra nose bombs (?) and whatever the temple pieces are called are included.

Box with matching serial number written in pencil is in terrific condition - its always been boxed up or in a drawer. Though it hasn't been exposed to air very much, the interior foam is falling apart. Unstamped warranty card and warranty brochure both have some residue from the foam.

Coin has always been with the box and looks like every other I've seen.

Microfiber bag is missing.

Thanks for any insight/input.

Trying to decide whether to part with my R1 Jordan. If it's not worth much, I'll pass on to my son. Otherwise, I'll move it on to a collector who will restore it a bit and give it more attention than it's getting now.

There are some scratches on the frame and arms, which I attribute to normal wear as opposed to abuse.

The arms swing freely - I honestly don't remember if they were ever tight - and the right arm has some wobble. I've never tried to tighten the hinges.

The left side of the frame is pretty tight, while the right side exhibits some flex.

Everything is original except the black ear socks; the red ones are long gone. Extra nose bombs (?) and whatever the temple pieces are called are included.

Box with matching serial number written in pencil is in terrific condition - its always been boxed up or in a drawer. Though it hasn't been exposed to air very much, the interior foam is falling apart. Unstamped warranty card and warranty brochure both have some residue from the foam.

Pics would be helpful and include serial number...

Sorry, took a short cut and just posted a link to the pics.

Serial #3216

20200209_203508.jpg
20200209_203651.jpg
20200209_203941~01.jpg
20200209_203149.jpg
20200209_203208.jpg
20200326_124755.jpg
20200326_124838.jpg
20200326_133852.jpg
20200326_133911.jpg
20200326_133937.jpg
20200326_134038.jpg

What would you then call a beater?

What would you then call a beater?
When I go to the beach and I know I'm going in the ocean, I have a $15 pair of Knockarounds. If I'm going to work in the yard, I have a pair of Asics that have almost no tread left. If I'm painting, I have t-shirts that are over ten years old.

To me, beaters are anything I'll wear and not care if it gets ruined and have to throw away.

I recognize the definition could be different in this forum, but that's where I was coming from when I said these Romeos weren't beaters.

Back