• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi, thinking about parting ways with some X-Metals but I’m having a hard time estimating their value. Not really that experienced or into these pieces.

Penny.
No box, just the bag.
Tried on but never used as I understood it.
Rubbers flexible but ok.
Ear socks in great condition.
Lenses are in pretty good condition with some small hairline scratches.
Please see pictures for more details. Really appreciate any help figuring out if they are worth keeping or not.

FF4B45F8-A380-4355-BA9A-56FF84647575.jpeg

1476C04D-1ED3-45A2-BE07-9F53CAE83CCA.jpeg

A1FEC3B5-3DFF-4DFF-8C2B-9491F26D77FA.jpeg

7146D050-C64F-4538-9C55-D0B80B67839B.jpeg

05A6F1C5-F6A1-4771-B50D-9E5FA1FBCAD4.jpeg

50A370BC-C225-44E9-AA22-5B07D849CBE7.jpeg

2A405799-E1C2-4D80-A057-AAAFBEDB219A.jpeg

5CABBA8E-582C-4E1A-88DF-2E5D2689C350.jpeg

9F7DDF2E-8E30-42F2-B79A-B23AD51D2FD8.jpeg

Do you really want to sell these? Why ask what the value is if you’re not going to at least use that as a baseline?
View attachment 794307
I got a lot of conflicting advice. I really do appreciate your input. I'm running a test - listing 3 on Ebay at the price other sources recommended, listing 3 here at prices you guys (mainly you :) ) suggest. See which sells. I'm totally new at this, so I'm basically experimenting. Please don't be offended!

I got a lot of conflicting advice. I really do appreciate your input. I'm running a test - listing 3 on Ebay at the price other sources recommended, listing 3 here at prices you guys (mainly you :) ) suggest. See which sells. I'm totally new at this, so I'm basically experimenting. Please don't be offended!

Oh I’m offended, you are welcome to sell them for whatever you want. I just don’t want you getting discouraged when they sit for a long time and/or never sell. And I want to know who said they were worth that much LOL. That’s x metal prices, dude!

Lol I want to know who said they were worth that much. That’s x metal prices, dude!
HA! Some connections to people with glasses stores, They said they'd slap on a $200 price tag and a "vintage" sticker, then put it in the window.

HA! Some connections to people with glasses stores, They said they'd slap on a $200 price tag and a "vintage" sticker, then put it in the window.

most people who work in glasses stores know next to nothing about Oakley. Even Oakley store & vault employees hardly know a thing about oakleys and their value. Personally, I would take that info with a grain of salt

That... explains the rather large price differential

I’ve been collecting for a long time, originally started with wires. The prices I gave you were from years of watching the wire market. If you want a second opinion on the pairs you have, I’m sure @flyer would be happy to help as well. He’s a wire nut too

I’ve been collecting for a long time, originally started with wires. The prices I gave you were from years of watching the wire market. If you want a second opinion on the pairs you have, I’m sure @flyer would be happy to help as well. He’s a wire nut too
Thank you! But I'm going to use your recommendations when I post stuff here in a few days. I really do appreciate your taking the time to help me.

Thank you! But I'm going to use your recommendations when I post stuff here in a few days. I really do appreciate your taking the time to help me.

What you can do is up the price a little and add the offer option that way if you come down in price, you still make back the rough value. If it doesn’t sell fast enough, you can always drop it down too. Lots of options and I wish you luck

Back