• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch repair - hollow point with stripped crown

Bandit2941

Oakley Beginner
The crown (or the case) of my hollow point watch is stripped. When I try to tighten it down it will start to engage the threads then pop out. I haven’t been wearing the watch because I don’t want to bend the shaft/crown since it’s not tightened down.

Does anyone know who or where might be able to fix it?

The crown (or the case) of my hollow point watch is stripped. When I try to tighten it down it will start to engage the threads then pop out. I haven’t been wearing the watch because I don’t want to bend the shaft/crown since it’s not tightened down.

Does anyone know who or where might be able to fix it?

I think @zwc0442 has HP cases? Not sure though.

I don't have any of those. I have a spare mm case is all. Probably would have to contact oakley and see if they can swap a new case for you.

If they do manage to get you a case, be very careful when screwing down crowns. You don't start tightening the crown until it is pushed all the way down. Otherwise, you will cross-thread and your current situation will be the result.

People have done it on extremely expensive watches! Expensive mistake to make.

If they do manage to get you a case, be very careful when screwing down crowns. You don't start tightening the crown until it is pushed all the way down. Otherwise, you will cross-thread and your current situation will be the result.

People have done it on extremely expensive watches! Expensive mistake to make.

I get paranoid and don’t even mess with the crown or chrono functions.. I just wear my watches with the wrong dates and times !

Any guess on if it’s more likely to be the case or the crown itself that’s stripped? Can’t tell.

I’m surprised this happened since I always did push the crown all the way in before tightening and to my knowledge it never loosened up.

Has anyone spoken to Oakley lately about watch repair? My impression was they don’t do it at all anymore.

Any guess on if it’s more likely to be the case or the crown itself that’s stripped? Can’t tell.

I’m surprised this happened since I always did push the crown all the way in before tightening and to my knowledge it never loosened up.

Has anyone spoken to Oakley lately about watch repair? My impression was they don’t do it at all anymore.

Both could be, try unscrewing the crown and shining a light on the threads. If that doesn't work, replacement crown and see if it works. If it doesn't, it's the case.

So I’d have to take the back off and slide the crown out that way? Where might I be able to get a replacement crown?

Latest Posts

Back