• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch Winders for TB and Auto's

This is my 2 cents .. but I don’t wear my oakley watches as time pieces per se.. I wear them more for my love of the brand and their bold styling …

I don’t use any of the time keeping functions , including the chronograph ones, and don’t ever readjust the times and dates… I just wear them despite the display and time being incorrect .. I don’t ever readjust the time

For example, I feel like always pulling the crown to adjust the time, especially on the MM’s, will inevitably result in something breaking .. and with no replacement warranty parts available I don’t wanna risk it ..

I have three tb1’s and all the capacitors are pretty much shot and don’t hold a charge for very long, and for me, that’s OK

It is bad for the Capacitor to be totally discharged on a TB1. I had a Stealth TB1 which not long before I sold it I had the Capacitor renewed. The Bellend who I sold it to didn't wear it in the (12 months? he had it) and me being as big as the aforementioned didn't check this out before I bought it back off him. Basically with the Toothbrush Charger I can get it working again but after rotational wear with my other watches it goes back into the high consumption mode (counts time in Two second intervals) once it is in this mode if the CP is cooked i don't believe it can be "resuscitated" out of it.
The owner of the "business" who has done a couple of mine in the past (he won't be doing anymore rest assured) point blank refuses to believe that the Toothbrush charger can recover a Battery & also opinions that the watch needs 4 days of wearing to keep the charge. This is BS. I wear my Cannon TB1 once every 9-10 days & my Polished Carbon the same & they are fine. A Capacitor should be good for at least 4-5 years, Hell some of the 20+ year old TB's are still on their original Capacitor. The one he has put in my Stealth was defective & he point blank refuses to replace it.

This is my 2 cents .. but I don’t wear my oakley watches as time pieces per se.. I wear them more for my love of the brand and their bold styling …

I don’t use any of the time keeping functions , including the chronograph ones, and don’t ever readjust the times and dates… I just wear them despite the display and time being incorrect .. I don’t ever readjust the time

For example, I feel like always pulling the crown to adjust the time, especially on the MM’s, will inevitably result in something breaking .. and with no replacement warranty parts available I don’t wanna risk it ..

I have three tb1’s and all the capacitors are pretty much shot and don’t hold a charge for very long, and for me, that’s OK
Interesting, so the watch functions fine while it’s being worn, the capacitor is just to keep the time and date accurate when it’s not being worn. I wonder why oakley didn’t just go with a normal mainspring? Anyway, thanks @XxrumkaxX for this thread, I’m gonna throw my TB1 on a winder now!

Yes... this is what I understand as well and I am having two TB1's updated with the new capacitor so my concern is to keep them charged. Ive seen the toothbrush charger thread... seems more practical to buy a winder :lolsign:
I went ahead and dropped the bucks on this to get started since it was on sale on Amazon. Figure if I like something better in the future as I learn about them I can upgrade....

The TB1 is not an automatic watch. I don’t think the winder will keep a TB1 charged.

The winder will work on a TB2, Gearbox Auto or FMJ.

I tried a similar winder on a TB1 but it would never keep it charged. I don’t think it rotated at a rate fast enough for a TB1.

Maybe yours will work, but don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t.

The TB1 is not an automatic watch. I don’t think the winder will keep a TB1 charged.

I tried a similar winder on a TB1 but it would never keep it charged. I don’t think it rotated at a rate fast enough for a TB1.

Damn, that sucks. Do you happen to know how fast your winder rotated?

Damn, that sucks. Do you happen to know how fast your winder rotated?

I had a Wolf Heritage single that was supposed to do 900 turns a day and a cheap winder with the following specs:

C0A5ECAC-39D5-4ED6-8E73-9B6D09BA084E.jpeg

The ones I see have different speeds and modes .... I would think 900 turns a day is allot better than sitting stationary all day. Would it not work with the new Gen capacitor? I could see how the original capacitor might not keep up.