• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing oakleys in the rain

We get a lot of gloomy overcast rainy days here and when it rains, I tend to wear a clear lense, mainly to protect my peepers from being battered by the rain when walking my pooches.

Your eyes would be closed tighter than a Nuns Chuff if you didn’t have those clear lenses in a downpour!!! Nice work brother!!!

I’ve been happy with my Prizm Field (baseball high contrast lens).
Really nice on overcast days as well.

This AM there was particularly bad glare, so a polarized option would have been better.

34A58815-593C-4A3D-A907-31BAA04B49B1.jpeg

+1 to what @Oaklimus Prime said.

Being that any type of glare will trigger a world ending migraine for me I wear oaks in the rain all the time. For brighter days I will wear Sapphire Prizm Polar. But Sapphire and DWP can get too dark for heavy cloud days. So if it's already a bit darker I use SWP. Swp is actually becoming my favorite lens for cloudy and/or rainy days in general. The contrast actually let's me see better in the conditions than without anything on. That goes to that bronze base tint, it's great for making detail stand out.

Have you tried Prizm Golf..? A sweet overcast lens

DWP is a favorite, but for me on a cloudy/rainy day, I'm reaching for Prizm Maritime, VR28 Polarized, or Tungsten Polarized.
Bronze Polarized is incredibly underrated, as well.

I like that mid-pack polarized that's versatile for pop-up storms with glare or full overcast days. They also perform when you need it after the clouds have dissipated. Many days, the commute in the morning is a whole different weather experience than the drive home or if running errands on a lunch break. Like others, I don't find comfort in many >20% VLT lenses.

To cover all the conditions, I keep with me in the car a pair of Split Jackets in a case with +RIP, VR28 Pol, Ikon Red, and even H.I. Yellow for work or when it's really cloudy/stormy out.

Last edited:
Back