• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Weird lense issue

Keithb

Oakley Beginner
Hi there fellow Oakley customers
I have a pair of flax jacket prescription lenses that are superb. However, in recent months the lenses have started to, well, develop a problem. See photo. Has anyone else seen this before? I have spoken to the dealer who sold them and Oakleys so called customer service, but have been stonewalled as to cause and explanation. Anyone out there able to help a fellow Oakley-anian?
Thanks so much

9C9BD326-9B6B-4460-8127-7BB8754BA1B2.jpeg

Hard to tell from that picture, but I assume de-lamination at the lens edge?
This is woefully common with “plastic” lenses, and causes are many, varied, and with no common agreement as to how to prevent it. Some lenses last decades, others, under a year. “Oakley’s” warranty has often proven to be useless in these cases.
A quick “search” for “de-lamination” will be enlightening.

Hard to tell from that picture, but I assume de-lamination at the lens edge?
This is woefully common with “plastic” lenses, and causes are many, varied, and with no common agreement as to how to prevent it. Some lenses last decades, others, under a year. “Oakley’s” warranty has often proven to be useless in these cases.
A quick “search” for “de-lamination” will be enlightening.
Thanks fir feedback Flyer. Appreciate your time. The lense just started to fade about six months ago. No real reason for it, acknowledged by sales dealer i bought from. There is no physical damage at the lense edges. Just weird that both lenses have the exact same issue. Thanks again fellow Oakley-anian 👍

Being Rx lenses, perhaps @Chris A Hardaway may have some input. Are they Oakley lenses?
Thanks Atticus
Yes, they are Oakley lenses, thats why i have the concern. I would have not expected the lense to be failing as it is. If Chris H has any ideas i would also be grateful to hear from him. Thanks again Atticus 👍

Back