• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Well... guess I have a favorite lens. A Trail of Trails

KarlBlessing

I should Work at Oakley
West Michigan
P1022253_sm.jpg

Though the Flak 2XL with orange icons is actually Trail Torch (and the other Flak 2XL regularly houses DWP, but swapped for this picture).

I've been really impressed with the Trail Torch lens. I have a set in my Flight Jackets for mountain biking and they really handle constantly varying light conditions in the woods extremely well.

I agree those Prizm Trails are nice, haven’t tried the Torch Trail yet…

View attachment 902651
Trail Torch is good in my opinion for a couple different reasons :
  • If Trail is too bright for you, especially when moving between shade out into open sunny/brighter space (such as if you're mountain biking)
  • If Trail exhibits too much contrast for you (ie: getting a little too psychedelic for you)
  • Or if you really don't like people being able to see your eyes behind the lens (though can still somewhat behind Torch, just more mirrored when you're getting hit with the sun).
Torch has less 'pop' in the reds/browns/yellows and is pretty evenly reduced across the board much like Prizm Road, instead of spiking in brightness towards the red end. Even though they're 36% and 35% VLT, the red/orange end on Trail is more like 50%+, and Torch is petty much 35% VLT across the board.

Latest Posts

Back