• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘What Characterises a Hardcore Oakley Collector?

I guess I’m very fortunate, don’t need to sneak anything. The wife loves Oakleys too.

Your a lucky man. My wife doesn’t understand why I have so many… and sometimes I ask myself the same question lol
I've given Oakley's to every immediate family member. And most still have, and take care of their pairs. But they probably still think of me as a little weird. Lol.

This has likely already been mentioned … shipping to your neighbors address as to not piss off your significant other. Open the package in your vehicle, hide the evidence. Sneak your Oakleys in the house inside your coat, and then store them with the rest of your collection in hopes she will never know. When she comments “are those new”? You reply “hell no, ive had these for years.” 😂
Just stumbled upon this thread. It’s indeed unfortunate what you have to do. But why?
IMHO no one should have an issue pursuing a “healthy hobby” especially if it’s being done using your earnings. I have never/would never allow my significant other/wife to dictate terms that would trigger actions you mention.

I've given Oakley's to every immediate family member. And most still have, and take care of their pairs. But they probably still think of me as a little weird. Lol.
I have bought my wife like 4 pairs which she wears and appreciates. But yeah she doesn’t really get the collection and wearing a different pair every day lol. I also hook my friends up and many of them are now die hard Oakley wearers.

Just stumbled upon this thread. It’s indeed unfortunate what you have to do. But why?
IMHO no one should have an issue pursuing a “healthy hobby” especially if it’s being done using your earnings. I have never/would never allow my significant other/wife to dictate terms that would trigger actions you mention.
I was kinda joking about that lol. I have done it before no doubt. She does support my hobby and style but I don’t want to throw it in her face by buying myself things more than I do her. I like to keep things fair whenever possible.

How about establishing "postal hubs" with Oakley mates internationally, as some sellers wont ship to Australia... so its easier to ship to a "hub" locally and then coerce your mates to forward to you...lol
Ive got hubs in the UK, Holland, NZ, and a few mates in the USA that will help when needed..!

Back