• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What coin came with Romeo 2? This is not a "Who's buried in Grant's tomb" question...

Yo Flawch!

Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NJ, USA
I just bought a pair of R2, and the box appears to be marked appropriately, but the coin is a large Romeo coin from 1998. I thought the Romeo 2 came with a Romeo 2 coin... but this box was clearly made for a larger coin, not the smaller R2 coin I've seen on the Internet. Can anyone shed light on this topic?

List of coins with pics here for you brother:

There are two sets for romeo 2. the original 2 piece with the 1998 Romeo coin and the 3piece with the medusa/cigar jim coin.

I think all the R2s with hydrophobic coated lenses had the 3 piece box, Carbon, polished, & xmetal frames.

I just bought a pair of R2, and the box appears to be marked appropriately, but the coin is a large Romeo coin from 1998. I thought the Romeo 2 came with a Romeo 2 coin... but this box was clearly made for a larger coin, not the smaller R2 coin I've seen on the Internet. Can anyone shed light on this topic?
I just sold a 2 piece box R2 - it was the Romeo coin and I own a 3 piece box and it has the Romeo 2 smaller coin.

There are two sets for romeo 2. the original 2 piece with the 1998 Romeo coin and the 3piece with the medusa/cigar jim coin.

I think all the R2s with hydrophobic coated lenses had the 3 piece box, Carbon, polished, & xmetal frames.
Yep, Mine came with the 1998 coin also, it's the "older" version! (but I wish I had the cool Jim one!)

Back