• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Best Donor Lenses For A Frogskins!

The only way to really find out is to have a huge selection of frames and start offering them up along side each other for curve and size etc.

I can say for example - the Correspondent will have the right curve but can’t say for certain that the size is large enough from memory without comparing them.

Hmmm, I think you could get pretty far by comparing BC's of different models in a store. You can easily see when they are the same, making reflections appear the same size. And I suppose there are not too many BC's available since that would only be a cost for Oakley.
Of the 10 Oakleys I've got, all except one share the same two BC's. The last one (EVZero Path) is not spherical though, which I suppose is the case with any "mono" lens.

Bump!

I'm wondering the same thing, since I would want some lenses that don't exist* for Frogskins:

– Prizm Trail
– DWP
– SWP

I checked my Crossrange XL and they would probably do the trick, but the base curve is smaller than standard Frogskins. However, Frogskins PBP do have the same smaller base curve as Crossrange (both std and XL), so it should work if you accept the slightly different look. A bonus is lesser internal reflections though. :cool-20:

*Trail actually do exist, but only in fugly "special edition" models such as OO9013-F955. :headbang: You can't buy them as spare lenses anyway and I'd want a standard, black frame. Buying the whole pair of glasses and ditch the frame is of course a solution, but still more expensive.

Oakley warranty does have the Prizm Trail but they're $80. You can get the F9 frame on ebay for $79 lol

I think Frogs are 6 Base. @Chris A Hardaway should know or be able to find out for sure.

Hmmm, I think you could get pretty far by comparing BC's of different models in a store. You can easily see when they are the same, making reflections appear the same size. And I suppose there are not too many BC's available since that would only be a cost for Oakley.
Of the 10 Oakleys I've got, all except one share the same two BC's. The last one (EVZero Path) is not spherical though, which I suppose is the case with any "mono" lens.

Single lens shields are toric and definitely not the right donors. That said they do work for some frames and some people don't mind them being wrong. I can't do it though, my eyelashes touch the lenses on the one pair of Eye Jacket that I used the wrong BC lens for.

Back