• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the lowest X-Metal serial number in your collection?

That’s not totally true, yes there was a 4th gen with nothing, but some warrant pairs, before 4th gen, they didn’t put serial numbers or custom orders like for RX they didn’t put serials if you ordered straight through Oakley
But without a serial it would be hard to tell unless it was Titanium since they stopped producing them before 4th gen, or early bone plasma

It's a X-Metal Tio2

That’s not totally true, yes there was a 4th gen with nothing, but some warrant pairs, before 4th gen, they didn’t put serial numbers or custom orders like for RX they didn’t put serials if you ordered straight through Oakley
But without a serial it would be hard to tell unless it was Titanium since they stopped producing them before 4th gen, or early bone plasma
my bad. I meant to say most often. due to the reasons you mentioned.

Last edited:
I know it is not a fake so no worried there as I got it from a Oakley retailer new back in the day. Just wanted to know why some do and some don't. :)
you may like this thread. I find it very informative and a fun read. They go in depth on when they switched to4th gen and 5th gen, etc.

you may like this thread. I find it very informative and a fun read. They go in depth on when they switched to4th gen and 5th gen, etc.

Great thanks for that will have a look.

Well not the lowest on the board (hard to top 0000) he’ll not even the second but still pretty damn low and I’d venture to say they have never been worn. Took two hands just to pull the earstems out for pictures.
02284d55637e55a3658dbd081c4e3194.jpg