• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is this X Metal style? 50th anniversary? 4086 bridge

like goggles. the lenses were designed to be part of the flex that the rubbers are supposed to have to let the rigid TI frame conform to your head. fitted correctly, they can be worn for any athletic activity with no concern of flying off your face sans contact. but to get them on typically you put shades on like 32 cardboard glasses. but because of teh rounded stem ends, they have to go on like so:

View attachment 763332
🙏🙏

1300 would not be out of the ordinary. It all depends on the condition, if it is complete with box/coin and how low the serial number is. All of these things affect the price.
Yeah I would say that is the going market now since they got hyped up along with the leather mars. Maybe more.

$1300 for a boxed brand new like pair I think would be fair. But I guarantee those lenses are scratched all to hell. First someone who said it was a 50th anniversary pair would not know really what they were and likely wore the hell out of them. That is evident by looking at all the ear grease/ nose grease etc... on the nose areas and temple areas. That means all the rubbers are gone. So basically you would be just buying a 4 digit serial frame that also likely needs to be refinished.

So a non boxed - seller did not say there was one (likely got on here just to get a value then dissappeared as usual), worn out 4 digit frame????

I am not up on prices but I wouldn't pay $500 for that. Someone who paid 1k likely is not altogether happy if they saw how nasty that was before it was cleaned.

Just my OP.

$1300 for a boxed brand new like pair I think would be fair. But I guarantee those lenses are scratched all to hell. First someone who said it was a 50th anniversary pair would not know really what they were and likely wore the hell out of them. That is evident by looking at all the ear grease/ nose grease etc... on the nose areas and temple areas. That means all the rubbers are gone. So basically you would be just buying a 4 digit serial frame that also likely needs to be refinished.

So a non boxed - seller did not say there was one (likely got on here just to get a value then dissappeared as usual), worn out 4 digit frame????

I am not up on prices but I wouldn't pay $500 for that. Someone who paid 1k likely is not altogether happy if they saw how nasty that was before it was cleaned.

Just my OP.
Yeah, sorry not for the ones in the post. I found another pair from a fb seller which are excellent condition, lenses and rubbers were replaced way back under warranty so are very good condition , includes box/coin. $1300 just happens to be his price also ...

Yeah, sorry not for the ones in the post. I found another pair from a fb seller which are excellent condition, lenses and rubbers were replaced way back under warranty so are very good condition , includes box/coin. $1300 just happens to be his price also ...

Yea I knew the one you were talking was not his. His isn't worth much. Serial is the only thing great but unboxed and needing everything replaces and likely the frame refinished its worth nothing more than a beater Romeo

Back