• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Makes a Model a Safehouse Exclusive?

So, after reading the whole conversation, that picture shows all the possible frame colours that were available as London Safehouses, right?

614803_10150996990650922_1398406896_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thats @BoostBear pic. That looks correct although the ear socks have many more options

Thx a lot.

I would care only about the frames because stems come and go. Were the pre-London models/colours much different?.

I think he posted back then as well the following colour classification:

A -Powder Blue (Tar Heel Blue)
B - Infrared
C - Pale Pink (Coral)
D - Dark Pink
E - Dark Green
F - Blue (Smurf)
G - Dark Grey (Charcoal)
H - Light Yellow (Lemon Peel-ish)
I - Mint (Celeste)

1 -Black
2 - Light Grey (Dove Grey)
3 - Bright Green (Retina)
4 - Spring Green
5 - Chalk White
6 - Dark Yellow (Yellow-Orange)
7 - Blood Orange
8 - Dark Navy
9 - Neon Pink

20220105_071108_614803_10150996990650922_1398406896_o.jpg

I will match later this week the colour with the Tube London line.

Thx a lot.

I would care only about the frames because stems come and go. Were the pre-London models/colours much different?.

I think he posted back then as well the following colour classification:

A -Powder Blue (Tar Heel Blue)
B - Infrared
C - Pale Pink (Coral)
D - Dark Pink
E - Dark Green
F - Blue (Smurf)
G - Dark Grey (Charcoal)
H - Light Yellow (Lemon Peel-ish)
I - Mint (Celeste)

1 -Black
2 - Light Grey (Dove Grey)
3 - Bright Green (Retina)
4 - Spring Green
5 - Chalk White
6 - Dark Yellow (Yellow-Orange)
7 - Blood Orange
8 - Dark Navy
9 - Neon Pink

View attachment 931972

I will match later this week the colour with the Tube London line.
I couldnt tell you the names. I dont know where people got those names either. Yes all of the socks were exclusive as well. I do believe icons as well.

As for the colors I should have mentioned that safehouse colors were never available through custom or in regular pairs, altough some of them are very close to the normal colors. Like the safehouse matte red is very close to regular infrared colorway, dark green is possibly the same shade as team green, but safehouse color is matte so you could never get the exact same pair in custom. Other safehouse colors were even more unique, like the celeste pair, etc.
943_947143404 (1).jpg

Hi, do you know if this could be a London 2012 Safehouse Radarlock XL? The lens is a + Red Iridium Polarized(?) with Oakley etching in the bridge.
I have seen a similar (if not identical) frame on some of this thread pics from @the_owl

View attachment 1062072
Hi, do you know if this could be a London 2012 Safehouse Radarlock XL? The lens is a + Red Iridium Polarized(?) with Oakley etching in the bridge.
I have seen a similar (if not identical) frame on some of this thread pics from @the_owl
Lenses are a no. They wouldn’t have the Oakley or the polarized so they can stay within IOC guidelines on branding.

The frames are a little harder to tell. For Radarlock, the inserts on the temples would be polished, but the rest of the frame would be matte.

One telltale sign is if you pull the socks off and see where they were clamped for painting on the temples. You can see the little white marks on each of them.
IMG_0896.jpeg

Another giveaway would be the part of the lock button that shows on the outside. It would be white. If anything, I think this might be an OCP.

Thanks, useful information. The frame has all those white marks of painting process on stems, inner part of the hinges when stems are folded and the outside hole when lock button is pressed

Thanks, useful information. The frame has all those white marks of painting process on stems, inner part of the hinges when stems are folded and the outside hole when lock button is pressed
Here are some detailed shots that might help.

Nose bridge is matte and you can see the white on the lock mechanism. I believe they painted the frames, temples, and lock cover, and then assembled everything using white buttons, sometime black for the darker colors. Inside the hinges are painted since they painted and then assembled, and I tried my best to show the matte frame versus the polished insert.
IMG_1403.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg
IMG_1405.jpeg
IMG_1406.jpeg

Back