• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

The only difference between the two in this scenario is that one guy made less of a profit than the other. What if fair market value a couple of weeks or months down the line is $3k, and the second guy sells for way more than the first? Is the second guy now the scumbag, and the first guy is the fair one? Flipping, scalping, it’s all the same thing. I don’t care either way, to be clear. I overpay for stuff all the time with zero complaint. If you’re embarrassed when people call you out, grow a thicker skin.

I once read that it takes less energy to speak (or in this case, type) 1000 words than it takes to warm a cup of coffee. I take it to mean words have very little power, and I tend to agree. We’re all grown men (and women) here, ignore the ribbing and take it as part of the game. Or, you could block anyone who messes with your sales post. Everyone wins.
The process I described in 1st example is that of a stock investor. Are you saying all stock investors and brokers are crooks?

As well blocking people is a form of cowardness. I would rather make them think twice about coming up on my thread with disrespect.

The process I described in 1st example is that of a stock investor. Are you saying all stock investors and brokers are crooks?
No. I didn’t even mention the word crook, or anything like it.

You just did, though.

Like I said, flippers, scalpers, etc are all the same thing. I never said it made them bad. In all honesty, it seems more like you’re trying to convince yourself than anyone else.

And to answer the question, yes, some stock brokers and investors are indeed crooks.

No. I didn’t even mention the word crook, or anything like it.

You just did, though.

Like I said, flippers, scalpers, etc are all the same thing. I never said it made them bad. In all honesty, it seems more like you’re trying to convince yourself than anyone else.

And to answer the question, yes, some stock brokers and investors are indeed crooks.
You win buddy! 👍

You're making me like.....
1655685439115.gif

I had looked up several Oakley items on just a google search, and when directed to the Oakley site, I’m then directed to the US Oakley site and the item disappears…as in not available in the US. Last day or two, the same, trying to see if Oakley has hiking style sandals available..they do apparently, but not in the US

I had looked up several Oakley items on just a google search, and when directed to the Oakley site, I’m then directed to the US Oakley site and the item disappears…as in not available in the US. Last day or two, the same, trying to see if Oakley has hiking style sandals available..they do apparently, but not in the US
Oakley doesnt shut down the page they hide it until they use it to sell another item later. I still see Xeus ad's that just leads you to their site to look at their crappy commons. Annoys the heck out of me as well!

If I get an item before you (or a majority of the public who would want it) and sell it for whatever I can get for it that doesn't make me a bad person or a "Gouger". It makes me a Fair Market Capitalist. If you have a problem with that, develop the contacts and get yourself in a position to get merchandise quicker and faster. The people that point fingers at people like the $1500 pair seller will be the first in line to point again and yell "HAAAA!" when they go to $4000 in 6 months and laugh because he sold them too soon. If they don't go up or he doesn't sell them and ends up eating the pair (Or 3 or 4 pair, depending on how many he grabbed) then he loses. The buyers set the market. I wouldn't wait until the market is established IF I CAN SET THE DAMNED MARKET. Quit whining about supply and demand.

Back