• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Myopic views with hypocritical members.

WTF have we come to….we are now punishing those creative members making custom items from a defunct and forgotten past. This directly extends the lives of special and unique items that would otherwise been trashed.
1680894338895.gif

Myopic views with hypocritical members.

WTF have we come to….we are now punishing those creative members making custom items from a defunct and forgotten past. This directly extends the lives of special and unique items that would otherwise been trashed.
Is this about @Spenc selling custom watch bands?
In that case I totally agree with you.

People who insist on pronouncing porsche the correct way with two syllables, and the A sound at the end. Just bugs me. Sometimes I incorrectly correct them and say it's porsche, but the wrong way, one syllable with the SH at the end.

Is this about @Spenc selling custom watch bands?
In that case I totally agree with you.
Custom bands, custom watch stands, custom heads, etc.

We even drove away the gentlemen who as a hobby created Carbon Fiber X Metals!
Who here wouldn’t love to add something Uber cool like a Carbon Fiber R1 or TiCarbon contrast setup??

I get the distinction needed between forgeries and custom, but this has gone too far.

Who here wouldn’t love to add something Uber cool like a Carbon Fiber R1 or TiCarbon contrast setup??

I get the distinction needed between forgeries and custom, but this has gone too far.
100% we are lucky to have people who spend their time and resources to allow us to hold onto the glory of original oakley. watch bands, bob heads, 3d prints are all an asset to the community. i am envious of the skill that is out there. god knows Lux is not interested in anything except overpriced poor quality garbage that they mass produce

100% we are lucky to have people who spend their time and resources to allow us to hold onto the glory of original oakley. watch bands, bob heads, 3d prints are all an asset to the community. i am envious of the skill that is out there. god knows Lux is not interested in anything except overpriced poor quality garbage that they mass produce
Yup, the Lux will never create anything close to the stuff Jim created. It's pathetic now. Where the hell did all the imagination go? The cutting edge designs? If the best they can do is the Kato, and xeus, they might as well just merge Oakley and Gayban, and keep it boring!!!

Absolutely!!! I'd love to have had the chance to buy a Carbon Fiber X-metal! If for no other reason than it would be frickin awesome to own such a frame! Can you imagine a set of DWP's in a carbon R1, or Mars! Wow! That dude needs to come back! But you'll always have these "purists" who think it's just wrong to customize, or alter their precious Oakley's in any way. They need to get over themselves, and realize it's all part of the game, and community. I see nothing wrong with trying to make YOUR glasses look the way YOU want them to. The way you think they look best! I'm not saying to send out a lnib R1 to the local customizer to have a different finish done, but if thats what you want to do, then by all means, they are yours after all, but some of these "beater" frames need some life blown back into em, and there's nothing wrong with doing just that! And more power to the guys making replacement bands, stands, trophies, bob heads, etc. You better believe if I ever get my hands on a good 3D printer, I'm going to be making all kinds of cool $hit just like that!!!

Absolutely!!! I'd love to have had the chance to buy a Carbon Fiber X-metal! If for no other reason than it would be frickin awesome to own such a frame! Can you imagine a set of DWP's in a carbon R1, or Mars! Wow! That dude needs to come back! But you'll always have these "purists" who think it's just wrong to customize, or alter their precious Oakley's in any way. They need to get over themselves, and realize it's all part of the game, and community. I see nothing wrong with trying to make YOUR glasses look the way YOU want them to. The way you think they look best! I'm not saying to send out a lnib R1 to the local customizer to have a different finish done, but if thats what you want to do, then by all means, they are yours after all, but some of these "beater" frames need some life blown back into em, and there's nothing wrong with doing just that! And more power to the guys making replacement bands, stands, trophies, bob heads, etc. You better believe if I ever get my hands on a good 3D printer, I'm going to be making all kinds of cool $hit just like that!!!
Gestapo

Oakley Counterfeit Division Fake.jpg

Back