• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's On Your Plate???

Yes the ones that i ate that were whitout any cheese on them it was a "Huitlacoche" and a "Flor de Calabaza " quesadillas, i heard about them and i was curious about how they taste because here in TJ there are not that easily available, and to my surprise there were no cheese in them
Hard Rock Cafe, TJ 2001

3E29ED7C-4B95-488A-831F-0C3DE8BF6ADB.jpeg

Its that a "Quesadilla" or a "Gordita" ???, that picture reminds me of the first time that i ate a Quesadilla in Mexico City and to my surprise it didnt have any Cheese in it, i am from the Northern part of Mexico and to me a Quesadilla have Cheese in it, hence the name, i ate it and it was good but to me it wasnt a proper Quesadilla whitout the Cheese
Surely it’s no longer a quesadilla without any queso?! I do like huitlacoche a lot (amazingly considering what it is and what it looks like uncooked!), but I want some Oaxaca or other melty cheese in there with it :)

Yes the ones that i ate that were whitout any cheese on them it was a "Huitlacoche" and a "Flor de Calabaza " quesadillas, i heard about them and i was curious about how they taste because here in TJ there are not that easily available, and to my surprise there were no cheese in them
Not had flor de calabaza but I have had courgette flowers in Italian cooking, I imagine they are similar.

The recipe I found for quesadillas flor de calabaza does have Oaxaca in it:

Back