• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
Very recently, I purchased my first pair of X-Metals (XX).

For me it was curiosity about the level of respect and the loyal following that this series commands from the folks on the forum. I wanted to know what that was all about.

I'll admit that, if funds allowed, I'd be on the hunt for an R1 & an R2 as well.

So, what drew you to the X-Metal line? What continues to fuel your interest (addiction)?

It's all the Heroin they fuse into the metal......you don't know it but each time you wear it you get just a little hit of heroin. ;)

It just makes you want more and more until you are willing to sell your own relatives to fuel that addiction....meanwhile you never really know why you want more and more X-Metals.

;)

So, what drew you to the X-Metal line?

For me, I found the concept intriguing when they first came out in the late '90s, but at the time I didn't spend that sort of $$ on sunglasses so I never checked them out firsthand.

Then in '07 I ran across a pair of plasma / ice polar Juliets while window-shopping at a SGH and just fell madly in love with them the moment I put them on my face. They became my first pair.

Very recently, I purchased my first pair of X-Metals (XX).

For me it was curiosity about the level of respect and the loyal following that this series commands from the folks on the forum. I wanted to know what that was all about.

I'll admit that, if funds allowed, I'd be on the hunt for an R1 & an R2 as well.

So, what drew you to the X-Metal line? What continues to fuel your interest (addiction)?

i just got pulled into them by news that the xmetal plant closed and they are no longer in production. then I held My first xmetal (xmetal ruby juliet) and never really had held one in my hands. it was so surreal, like holding an exoskeleton.
then, peered through the ruby lenses for the first time expecting them to have a red or brown tint(fire=brown tint+worn all day=headaches for me) but was pleasantly surprised that they had a cool blue tint opposed to the fiery red exterior. and then, when i said I would take em, they took out the box with the coin, and cool packaging... of course it was friends and family weekend so... i bought what was left in inventory... and then I noticed people were paying almost double what i paid for... and then I learned about the entire line, the different finishes and generations, lenses, customization options...

oh man I think I just blacked out...

what was I saying again?

oh yeah, japan exclusives, limited runs, unicornish colorways, rep cases, michael jordan, tom cruise, Ichiro Suzuki, and the crazy thing is, i see celebrities and movers and shakers wear them and they are still being tagged modern and out of this world...

Latest Posts

Back