• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When is enough pairs enough?

When is enough pairs enough?

• Total voters
It depends on what kind of collector you are and what you like. Personally, I want all of the xmetal SKUs complete for my "collection" I add cool one-offs and customized ones that I wear - R1, R2, XX, XS... maybe the occasional Juliet if I ever get back to fighting weight.

I was close to getting all elite logo glasses when I was trying to get rid of them and ended up buying them all when I landed a carbon c six and an indy PB.

For the o matters there are pairs I like and want to complete - Splice (damn you Kenseth!) then I am slowly picking up the mad-science era pairs, - Plate, valve, scar, etc.

I also like the omatters I wear, Hijinx, Eyepatch1/2- so I got the collectable ones of those- artist series, signature, LE, motorstports, oddities.

THEN - there is the one-offs that dont really belong, TI frogs, MVP series, MUZM, M-Ex.

I'm around 300 and it's a lot. Like a decent sized store (without a stockroom) a lot. ACtually come to think of it, there are likely less than 300 pairs on display at a regular store.
I dropped 29 pound in two months now just to fit my Juliet’s 😂😂😂😂

Lol. I wouldn’t lie about something so trivial as an eyeglass count. After getting ripped off by Trump, I was so discouraged by this place and Oakleys that I almost sold off all I had. I even sold some Mars and Craters..If it wasn’t for a couple of people here, I might’ve quit hanging around here and quit buying Oakleys altogether. That ‘Purge’ is the reason I’ll be lucky if I’m near 200. I last counted before M-Experiment and I was at 170 something. I really doubt I bought 30 pairs in the last 5-6 months. I’ve even sold some pairs, and gave away some too. :cool:🤙
Please don’t ever leave us! You are one of the great OF contributors and we love you buddy!❤️

Lol. I wouldn’t lie about something so trivial as an eyeglass count. After getting ripped off by Trump, I was so discouraged by this place and Oakleys that I almost sold off all I had. I even sold some Mars and Craters..If it wasn’t for a couple of people here, I might’ve quit hanging around here and quit buying Oakleys altogether. That ‘Purge’ is the reason I’ll be lucky if I’m near 200. I last counted before M-Experiment and I was at 170 something. I really doubt I bought 30 pairs in the last 5-6 months. I’ve even sold some pairs, and gave away some too. :cool:🤙
I'm grateful you sold me my first Mars. It was the first time I got to try them on and realize that they are very comfortable an fun to wear!

My biggest problem is that the Oakleys I want are the most expensive ones to buy lol. R1s, recently PB1s, the entire x metal line basically etc so it truly limits whst I can spend and how many I can purchase. I could easily grab 100 plus pairs, but unless I hit the lottery, that ain't happing anytime soon.

I have 76 in my collection with around 15 other brands in addition (10 M-Experiment) now…. I plan to move on 5-10 Oakley’s that I don’t wear. Space is generally the issue. I’ve missed some of the special releases recently (Racing Jackets and Eye Jackets) which has put me off chasing! Less that 100 is manageable for a wearable collection for me. Respect others enjoy expanding on that. I also have too many watches/ guitars/ trainers (sneakers) :rolleyes:

Back